• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 420!
mrk2010 Wrote:I ain't even smoked a cigarette in my life how boring lol

For "boring" read "sensible"

Good man! Thumbgrin

monk Wrote:For "boring" read "sensible"

Good man! Thumbgrin

Haha thanks monk. :-)

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with a thread that condones drugs use.

I believe each to their own, but down shove this crap down peoples throats...especially those that are young and vulnerable.

JUST SAY NO

dfiant Wrote:I'm not sure I'm comfortable with a thread that condones drugs use.

Silly blanket statement IMO. Smoking pot is not on the same level as crack cocaine or heroin. Hell, alcohol is more damaging than pot and causes more social problems and cost to society than pot ever could.

Ditto tobacco, more damaging than pot, and more addictive than either cocaine or heroin!

IMO anything that comes out of the ground ready to be used is not a "drug" as there is no chemical laboratory process needed to make the end product, unlike pretty much every other illegal substance except magic mushrooms.

[Image: drugs_graph432.jpg]

Sure, it's easier to take a black and white approach to life, but the interesting stuff is in the shades of grey Wink

dfiant Wrote:I believe each to their own, but down shove this crap down peoples throats...especially those that are young and vulnerable.

Absolutely, but I don't see that happening in this thread. Confusedmile:

You made a judgement call...wrong...what makes you think I condone smoking and alcohol?

Shades of grey are for hair Wink

dfiant Wrote:You made a judgement call...wrong...what makes you think I condone smoking and alcohol?

My comparison of pot to tobacco and alcohol implied(inferred? never know which way round those go Tongue) nothing about your stance on them, they are merely two legal drugs with a huge amount of medical research behind them which can be used to compare the "harm" done by the subject of this thread. Wink

dfiant Wrote:Shades of grey are for hair Wink

Fair enough, like I said it's easier to take a black and white approach, requires less mental effort than a pragmatic and considered opinion.

I think if you put as much effort in to research for the cons of pot use you would find as much reason not to use pot as you would find to use pot...but some people just don't like to look hard enough...they just look for information that supports their own arguememnts and ignores all the rest.

I have seen with my own eyes the damage that illicit and non-illicit drugs cause not only on the 'user' but those around them. Any addiction is a selfish addiction.

You don't need to do much research. Marijuana is roughly on par with alcohol and cigarettes for the dangers it presents. There have been no recorded deaths solely based off of marijuana, unlike alcohol, which if you drink too much you die.

The cons you speak are not any worse than any legal substances currently available.

Edit: I am in no way condoning or telling people to do it. I'm just saying to do the research before you do, and know the risks.

I've known people who could handle their pot and/or alcohol without sabotaging their life, and others who spiraled into addiction and self-destruction. As a general rule I don't see too much difference between them (too much of either is going to cause problems and I suspect if my alcoholic parents had been potheads instead that my life would've probably still turned out much the same...assuming both managed to not get busted of course, and if Dad didn't lose his job because he failed some drug test).

Still, there is that point about how much easier it is to be poisoned by alcohol and a nurse told me that the health risks were far worse when it was alcohol (vs. pot).

But from an emotional PoV based on experience at having been around plenty of potheads and drunks, I have to say I find the potheads a lot less scary in regards to how they're likely to behave, especially toward me.

Not sure why I'm throwing that out there, but since I've typed it up I'll guess I'll send it.

dfiant Wrote:I think if you put as much effort in to research for the cons of pot use you would find as much reason not to use pot as you would find to use pot...but some people just don't like to look hard enough...they just look for information that supports their own arguememnts and ignores all the rest.

Yes, I'm sure there are some people don't look that hard and have little idea about the stuff they put in their bodies, the effects that stuff may have and what to do if it were to go wrong. Those people are called idiots.

dfiant Wrote:I have seen with my own eyes the damage that illicit and non-illicit drugs cause not only on the 'user' but those around them.

Ditto, mostly alcoholism.