Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday to me.
I turn twenty nine today. Yay me. I have come along way since this time last year. Since I aint got nobody special in my life to throw me a party or bake me a cake I started my very own birthday tradition awhile back to celebrate. I have been down here in Myrtle Beach for five years now. My special tradition is having my birthday cake on the beach. I pick up a slice of cake and a pint of milk from the store. I take said items down to the beach by myself to reflect on the year while looking out at the ocean and eating my cake. People that I have told about this tradition says it sounds so sad celebrating my birthday by myself. I love doing it and it gives me time to reflect on the year.Confusedmile:

It does sound sad...but if it is something that you enjoy, then it isn't. I just hope you can find a special someone to share your cake and milk, one day!

And a very merry birthday to you!

If you ever come to Sweden, i will bake you a traditional Swedish Smörgåstårta to cheer you up Smile

Marvinteck Wrote:I turn twenty nine today. Yay me. I have come along way since this time last year. Since I aint got nobody special in my life to throw me a party or bake me a cake I started my very own birthday tradition awhile back to celebrate. I have been down here in Myrtle Beach for five years now. My special tradition is having my birthday cake on the beach. I pick up a slice of cake and a pint of milk from the store. I take said items down to the beach by myself to reflect on the year while looking out at the ocean and eating my cake. People that I have told about this tradition says it sounds so sad celebrating my birthday by myself. I love doing it and it gives me time to reflect on the year.Confusedmile:

Happy Birthday amigo.

Smile

Being a lifelong single and never in a committed relationship for more than 3 months I've also celebrated my birthdays alone in a similar manner.

But I must admit, I REALLY like the idea of a PERSONAL TRADITION. I think the ideas of traditions and even rituals are discounted too much by modern society. There is something holistic about all of that.

Best wishes in the coming years.

[Edit: Hey! This is my 50th post! Another reason to celebrate today!]

Marvinteck Wrote:I turn twenty nine today. Yay me. I have come along way since this time last year. Since I aint got nobody special in my life to throw me a party or bake me a cake I started my very own birthday tradition awhile back to celebrate. I have been down here in Myrtle Beach for five years now. My special tradition is having my birthday cake on the beach. I pick up a slice of cake and a pint of milk from the store. I take said items down to the beach by myself to reflect on the year while looking out at the ocean and eating my cake. People that I have told about this tradition says it sounds so sad celebrating my birthday by myself. I love doing it and it gives me time to reflect on the year.Confusedmile:

Happy Birthday, Ben.... BirthdayBalloonsBalloonsParty

Well, you know that if I were near you in Myrtle Beach, I'd be out there with you watching the sea and reflecting upon your past year, whilst listening to the waves and eating your cake and watching the sun go down, or the boats sail by...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a pretty good day. The cake on the beach was fantabulous. Overall I had a pretty good year.Confusedmile:

Glad your birthday went well.

You're probably like, 'who on earth is this kid?' but oh well, happy birthday! Smile

Happy Birthday, Marvinteck! Balloons

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday Ben, hope you had a good one Partysmiley

there was something i was gunna post on this thread, but i dont remember. lol happy birthday