Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Guy Fawke's Night Everybody !!
Just wanted to send you all a quickie to say Happy Guy Fawke's Night to you all xXx.

I'm so happy to be a part of this forum, and this group of kickass peeples.

:biggrin: Bighug :biggrin:

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Back at cha man!

Bighug

So who's been to / going to any fireworks displays?

Well we usually just do a little family thing in the garden, so this year was no exception - however they've started selling this new type of firework over here that's basically the kind they use for bigger displays, insofar as it's one block of multiple, smaller fireworks ?

You light it just once, and a load of them go off in a big sequence ... so mum and dad got two of those ...

... and the entire display lasted ... ooh ... about a minute-and-a-half ... which was sound 'coz it's KNOBBLING out, so we all came back indoors for a cuppa !!

Dead adventurous my family Wink.

Hope you've had a good 'un xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Now I want to watch V for Vendetta! Tongue

Have you seen it before ? I really enjoyed it in a strange sorta way Confusedmile:.

Hugo Weaving was AMAZING.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Aww shadow, we are happy to have you here :biggrin:
I ve in alexandra palace yesterday was nice! Now i can see fireworks from my window, i have a slight headache but the visual is lovely.

Xrimo i havent watch V for Vendetta, tell if it worths watching!

I really like V for Vendetta. Hugo Weaving is really good in it, and so is Natalie Portman. The scene with her in the prison is such a clincher (I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it).

shadow Wrote:Well we usually just do a little family thing in the garden...

My Dad's side of the family used to do that.. we'd all gather round my Nan's house and each household would have brought a box of fireworks round.
All the kids would be waving their sparklers around and the adults setting off the fireworks - up to 4 at a time, dashing back to the patio area in time to see them go off.

Once or twice over the years, a firework had fallen over after being lit... we'd have to run inside to avoid it lol!!!

The night would finish off with party food and games.. good times.

But that don't happen now.. most of the kids (including me) are grown up now and doing their own thing, some have babies of their own.

Went to a really good firework display at my gym at the time about 2 years ago... that was really cool - all set to music. Just aint bothered seeing what displays are on this year tho.

Happy What Night?

I've known you for years and I've never heard of this one :-(

Guy Fawke's Night ? Bonfire night babe - fifth of November ? We all light up fireworks - it's KINDA like the fourth of july in the States insofar as the number of fireworks are concerned ...

... different reasons obviously - Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament many, many years ago ... and failed, but it sparked (no pun intended har har) the festival, and it's been going strong ever since.

Kids in the run-up to Guy Fawke's Night go around with a guy (a dummy of a Guy Fawkes) in a wheelbarrow and call "Penny for the Guy" (asking for donations basically), and then the guys are usually burned on bonfires on Guy Fawke's Night ...

... at least that's how I remember it ... :redface: Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!