Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving

I for one have been eating since Saturday and will be jogging to work next week!

And don't forget to be thankful to live somewhere where though we have problems - it is fairly safe to be gay and open about it!

Even though the Canadian Thanksgiving was a month ago, I will give thanks to be around people who are caring and helpful. Those I have in my life that I interact with personally and those I interact with online. Everyone around me has been great and showed my a lot of care and compassion in my times of crisis (like I'm going through at school right now Tongue )

what's thanksgiving? :S

thanks, anyway! Rolleyes

drocko17 Wrote:what's thanksgiving? :S

thanks, anyway! Rolleyes

Well the American one, as far as I know, is celebrating when the British and the Native Americans came together and shared a feast back when North America was first being colonized by Europe.
Funny enough, I have no idea why Canada really has a Thanksgiving, but we do have one and its held on the first Monday in October, unlike the American one which is in November.
The principle is simple enough which is to give thanks to the good things in your life. Its like Christmas, except with the marketing, religious overtones, and the material gifts.

the essential concept is to give thanks at the end of the harvest season

naturally - in America there are so many undertones

but it essentially still remains that

and no real commercial gain to be made

it's really just become a time when families are expected to be together and give thanks for what they have

other than the military holidays - it's one of America's less selfish ones

I didnt know what you celebrate there , thanks for telling! We miss on another holiday here in the UK damn it! Do you eat turkey today???

Happy thanks giving to you Computerdude and all the American folks here :biggrin:

the majority of people eat Turkey

though many eat Ham

or both

my brother doesn't participate - his meal of choice is pizza
hahaha

doesn't matter what you eat - it's about eating and family - the harvest thing

a throw back to the old days

oh .. and special side note .. it's the biggest bar scene night of the year in the US .. the night before Thanksgiving

even the dumpiest bars have lines

go figure!

Sounds like the new year's eve here. Also in Greece is family time , so is Christmas. Miss those and you are in trouble Laugh1

Yup - happy Thanksgiving to all our friends in America and (belatedly) Canada - I'm rather ignorant I must confess - I didn't realise they took place on different days :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!