Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard to make friends
Hi. So i made an account on a dating site today. Hoping to get to know some people got messages from some wanting to make a friend so i talked with them and soon enough they started talking about sex. Gosh. If that's all they want why say want to make a friend? Ugh. Why bother i guess. I feel like i will never find any friends. It is just so hard since it seems like all everyone wants is sex than to get to know people. I just want to make friends and get to know them and build something meaning relationships not just their bodies. Haha. Is there any site or app that's less like sexual?
[emoji55]

Hi and welcome to GS

I've never done dating sites, so I can't really give you any advice there, but the folks here are really a friendly bunch, and as this isn't a dating or hook up site, you might find some good conversation and great people -without- the constant attempts for sex talk.

Good luck to you, man

^^ What he said. *Chuckles*

If you're looking for friendships (and not sex) I'm not sure that a dating site would be the right place to search for that. Dating sites are pretty much known for their very singular focus on dating and sex (and sometimes more sex than dating).

I think you're on the right track by stopping in here in GS. Forums and such are a better bet in general, and this site in particular is really good at having a good core group of open minded people as well as for finding genuine people instead of sex trolls. (Granted, we sometimes get some of those too, but less so than on many sites I've seen.)

If you're just looking for friendships and chat, you might also try looking for forums and the like for things you find of interest. Hobbies, interests, etc. I mean, they won't all be gay, but the people will automatically have something (other than being gay) in common with you to talk about as well.

Welcome to GS! Smile