Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate Crime Might Have Just Been Solved by Amateur Sleuths on Social Media
ceez Wrote:we are still far far away from being able to walk down the street holding hands with our lover. there are some very sick people in this world, I hope they all get serious jail time.

In perspective:

20 years ago (I was your age then) i said something similar about marriage.

But look, marriage is happening all over the place.

I hope by the time you hit my age you can see a world were this no hand holding thing is part of the ancient past and you can be telling a 28 year old to take heart because things do change. Wavey

Iceblink Wrote:The story has gotten ridiculous. The group of 12, and it might be as high as 15, is now claiming it was self defense because they were the ones being attacked by the gay couple and they were just reacting with self defense. A ridiculous excuse for many reasons. First, this was 12 against two and these two guys were small. No one in the group of friends had any injuries of any kind, while the two men had severe injuries. It's ridiculous because the group stole a bag from one of the couple that contained his wallet and phone. Why part of self defense involves theft? It is ridiculous excuse because the beating stopped because the group saw cops approaching from down the street and so they fled. If they had been attacked and were practicing self defense, it would seem they would be happy to see the cops. This group of people is the worst of humanity.

I'm sure they were just practicing their religion as they lied, attacked, and robbed. It's what makes them morally superior to everyone else.

So now the gay haters are bashing our straight supporters.

S.D. man left bloody, bruised after telling woman not to use gay slur

You got to have a lot of respect for this man.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/09/s-d-m...-gay-slur/

I saw this on KELO news this morning at five and emailed a few people over there. I never expected it to get national attention.

Bartscher's heart was in the right place and for that we ought to be thankful for guys like him. None of the gay people I know in Sioux Falls had ever heard about it. When I hear more I'll be sure to let everyone here know. Don't jump to assume everyone in South Dakota would react the same way as the guy who him Bartscher. There are more people here like Bartscher than there are like the guy who assaulted him.

Anytime you step out to do or say the right thing in a situation where there's alcohol involved all bets are off. I'm not making excuses for the guy who beat him up. I'm just saying pick your battles carefully and always have a winning strategy when you take a stand for anything. Otherwise shit like this happens. A bar is a wrong place to take a stand on anything. That's why when I go out to straight bars I have a posse in tow -- not for back up in case I say something like Bartscher did but to get me out of the situation before I do.