Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatred of children
I know this is weird, but I can't stand little kids. I've never been a good "take-charge" guy. I couldn't baby-sit for that reason. I hate kids so much. Even if they are well-behaved, it seems as if I still can't stand being around them. Is this normal? I'm only 17, so how can I hate kids? :frown:

Are you sure it's 'hate?' Is there something else bothering you about children that you do not like?
There has to be something behind hate seeing as hate is a really strong word to use.

I don't know if it is necessarily hate, but I can't stand them! I don't know why.

JisthenewK Wrote:I don't know if it is necessarily hate, but I can't stand them! I don't know why.

What i'm sensing is irritation. It's natural to be irritated by the littlest of things.

I suppose you're right. I just can't stand to be around them. Most of them are so hyper and it makes me uncomfortable. I never get attached to them.

JisthenewK Wrote:I suppose you're right. I just can't stand to be around them. Most of them are so hyper and it makes me uncomfortable. I never get attached to them.

Understandable there is a huge gap between children and teenagers. Both are very different generations. So it's completely fine to not want to be around children.

It isn't kids in general that irritate me, it's the screaming brat in the store, or the five year old that still sound like "Ne noo mant ooo dew wat." when you ask them to do something. And really it isn't the kid's fault, it the parents that don't take the time to teach the child anything - the out of site, out of mind type to the type that give the kid anything just to get them to stop screaming.

RockerBlocks Wrote:It's natural to be irritated by the littlest of things.
with 33 trillion peeps on the planet little need for 2 little ones per couple more just to affirm the upkeep of one failing straight relationship.

Not everyone likes kids. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a preference.

Personally I can't stand those little yapping dogs, I loathe them and their ceaseless yapping and need for attention and would never, ever have one or allow one in my home save all but the most dire circumstances. (I'm ok with the small dogs that aren't yapping attention whores.) Of course I understand others do love them and find them charming & cute and can't understand why I loathe them, our tastes just differ.

Anyway, for you:

[Image: tumblr_ly9yi9E4DI1qgisplo1_1280.png]

Lol at that picture Pix. Children are nasty and evil, just like we all were when we was younguns (and in many cases still are). Yet sometimes they can be adorable and great and all that - just don't make me take care of one, please.

And ditto on the yappy little dogs. A friend of mine has two dogs that are the best in the world, one's a labradoodle, one's a doodle (daschund/poodle), both are chill and loving and never bark, and though the doodle's little he doesn't yap. He'll sit there quietly waiting for petting and luuuuuurve. Compare this to my friend's step-mom's little yappy dog who puffs his chest up like he's not something you could and should punt. We just call him the step-dog.