Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted Houses
Have any of you guys been in a haunted house?
An eye for an eye

Yes, although I have doubts about the truth behind hauntings anymore. I wanted to believe in all of that for a while, but even the most "haunted" places I've been to have failed to convince me anymore.

I was in the Lizzie Borden House once. I've to say - nothing special about it. Just an ordinary house. When I had to sleep on the same bed where my grandmother died, for some reason that was much more creepier.

I cant understand how people can still be skeptic about this, theres some documentry evidence out there that will make you think twice. Ive never been in a haunted house just a haunted woods (long story) told it already.

Most recent place I have been in that can be deemed 'haunted' is My Landlord's place, I sense definite 'spirit activity'.

Sleeping over there I kept being woke up by the feeling that someone was standing next to the bed looking down at me. In fact one of the reasons why I was waking up 3-5 times a night was not so much due to my alarm clock, but because I felt like I was being watched.

When my ex/roommate was sleeping over there he felt like someone was pressing down on his chest. He only slept there 2 nights.

The swimming pool is on the south side of the house, there is a row of windows that goes down the main hall. These are set back with a fairly deep porch. For years we would be in the pool and swear someone was standing at the window(s) watching us. We figured that it was Bob getting cheap thrills or something.

Well that stopped being the theory when Bob was on his world cruise and no one was in the house and still a 'person' was standing at the windows looking at us.

I suspect its his wife, she died about 19-20 years ago in the house. I suspect that his depression and 'grief' over her loss (which he still feels pretty keenly) is not allowing her to move on.

I suspect she doesn't like my ex/roommate much, thus the physical interaction (pressing down on his chest). Me she may be wary of, but hasn't provoked anything with me.

I suspect she was purposefully waking me up to have me check on Bob. I got the 'gut feeling' that the intent was not malevolent. Worried - definitely, anxious - yes. Malevolent (toward me) no.

Her dressing room I dislike intently, I feel a presence there and there is a dark shadow that moves around in the room at night. I took to closing the room door at night. Which strengthens my theory that it is her.

That room is also full of mirrors. I hate mirrors. The whole house is actually full of mirrors, but this room is the worst. There is a mirrored wall (1'x1' tiles' with a dressing table with a huge mirror on it, then across from that are three upright 'dressing mirrors' full length standing ones. Sitting at the dressing room table you can see you back and front infinitely.

I have been in other structures with spirit activity. A few places were 'sorely troubled' with activity with physical effects like moving objects, 'faulty' electrical even though the wires were freshly pulled, or the light fixtures were new.

I have been in at least three houses that were possessed. Definite malevolent energy always present. I did exorcisms on two of them. And one can feel a definite change in the house with a successful exorcism. The 'personality' of the house goes from 'dark and cold' to 'light and warm'.

partisan Wrote:I cant understand how people can still be skeptic about this, theres some documentry evidence out there that will make you think twice. Ive never been in a haunted house just a haunted woods (long story) told it already.
Funny... I was thinking "I can't understand how people can still believe this."

Actually, I can. The human mind is the ultimate trickster. We think we are objectively experiencing the world around us, but everything we perceive passes through the filters of our culture, upbringing, beliefs, and biases. Two people experiencing the same event can have very different interpretations and "eye-witness" accounts of what happened.

I have no disrespect intended to those who are convinced otherwise. I could even be wrong, but I doubt it. Wink I've been to seances, haunted sites, spent midnight hours in cemeteries, chanted around candle-lit circles, invited spirits to make their presence known, etc. Yes, I've spooked myself and had a few experiences I couldn't explain. I am still thoroughly unconvinced about ghosts and hauntings.

We have a haunted cemetery called Ball Cemetery by our house. Apparently you can hear children laughing and calling, "Momma." So goes the rumors

Our old EMS station was rumored to be haunted. I would be up late writing a report after a call, and at 2 in the morning you could hear the floor creak above you in a synchronized step that would span from room to room sometimes. I also was sitting on the couch one night watching TV, and clear as day, i hear a uh hmm (throat clearing noise). There was no one around, at first I thought someone was playing a prank on me, so i walked around the whole station and there was nobody there. It was strange not scary mind you, but strange. I never felt threatened or lost sleep over it. I know the building that we were staying in was like 70 years old, but I'm not sure how spirits are tied to buildings, because nobody is aware of anyone that has died in there.

I've been in a haunted house, yes. I don't know if hauntings are necessarily ghosts or just leftover human energy at work, but there were things that happened there in that house that had absolutely no logical explanation (i.e. a porcelain sink cracking down the center for no apparent reason, bottles flying off the counter, banging on the walls, things moving around the house, chandeliers swinging violently, clocks going off, voices, etc).

I don't know what exactly it was, but all I know is that I did experience all of those things firsthand, and they were very real and had no rational explanations. Some of the things that happened there just struck me as odd, and others scared me so badly that I literally would leave the house.

I also once spent the night at my grandparents' house about a year or so after my grandma had died, and I awoke in the middle of the night to the feeling of someone touching my shoulder. I sat up quickly and looked around, and saw that my pillow was clear across the room lying on the floor, against the door. It was really bizarre. The weird part though is I didn't know at the time, but found out later that my grandma passed away in that same bedroom when she was on hospice.

only when I have a bf so if I get scared I can hold him with fear cuddles after getting scared (and I'd try not to suffocate him with my grip Tongue)