Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted statue (with video!)
I'm curious to see what the skeptics will have to say about this one:

It seems the curator of the museum has no explanation for the movement of the statue.

Is it the curse of the pharaohs?

Visitors stomping around the floor generate vibrations that cause the statue (which has an uneven base on the bottom) to slide almost imperceptibly throughout the day. It's only turning when there are people present.

Counselor Wrote:Visitors stomping around the floor generate vibrations that cause the statue (which has an uneven base on the bottom) to slide almost imperceptibly throughout the day. It's only turning when there are people present.

That's what I thought at first but here's what the curator had to say about it:

“But it has been on those surfaces since we have had it and it has never moved before. And why would it go around in a perfect circle?”

I'd love to believe it was haunted (I'm weird like that), but I'm going to have to go with vibrations as well.

If not foot stomping, vibrations from nearby road works maybe?

MisterLove Wrote:That's what I thought at first but here's what the curator had to say about it:

“But it has been on those surfaces since we have had it and it has never moved before. And why would it go around in a perfect circle?”

One of those weird situations where the weight of the statue, the bottom of the statue, and the plane of the glass it is sitting on is making it go in a circle, with all the vibrations that are going on around it. Glass may be rigid, but it does bend...ever so slightly, so it could be sitting in a "dip" in the glass.

You ever "spin a penny" in a shallow curved area?
If you spin a penny on a completely flat surface, it will usually go around all over, or even slightly go from one side to the next. (usually, depending on the surface).
If you spin a penny on a regular flat surface...well, it isnt really flat.....the spinning penny will spin around until it finds a low curved area and settle there for its spins. Kinda the same thing possibly going on here.

OR

The museum curator found out how to drum up business with some kind of "mysterious" object. It wouldnt be the first time a museum person tried this sort of thing to drum up business.

MisterTinkles Wrote:OR

The museum curator found out how to drum up business with some kind of "mysterious" object. It wouldnt be the first time a museum person tried this sort of thing to drum up business.

That's the theory I'm going with. People will say and do anything to make people pay attention to them. Most "haunting" claims are really just Scooby Doo style fakes.

All of you science folk - Sheesh - Get real.

We all know it is spirit activity, by utilizing the ethers resonating with the ley lines, the spirit entites are able to exert a force upon the vibrations of this statue. The Ancient Egyptians well understood the vibrations of stones and other materials thus they were able to vibrate the stones of the pyramids upwards and over to land perfectly in place. Same principle is at work here, only on a smaller level.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:All of you science folk - Sheesh - Get real.

We all know it is spirit activity, by utilizing the ethers resonating with the ley lines, the spirit entites are able to exert a force upon the vibrations of this statue. The Ancient Egyptians well understood the vibrations of stones and other materials thus they were able to vibrate the stones of the pyramids upwards and over to land perfectly in place. Same principle is at work here, only on a smaller level.

Yes hun....we all know you are an expert at "vibrating the stone".

Drool-smiley

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:All of you science folk - Sheesh - Get real.

*ahem*

NO MORE SCIENCE FOR YOU YOU ARE CUT OFF REPORT TO THE PUB ROLEPLAY THREAD