Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have the page-loads slowed? --seems slow in Canada, is it all the new members?
Hey guys,

Seems at times the site loads pretty slowly. I was just wondering if that was always the case or if us refugees from a foreign land were slowing sh-t down. Any observations from you long-term users?? Have us n00bz slowed the site down, or is it running just the same for you in GB? It may just be a site with a slow path to Vancouver, lol.

The chatroom went down for a few moments. Dunno whats happening.

I noticed this happened another time, but then quickly was back to normal.

The site seems to perform some sort of back up or routine maintenance around midnight GMT and it tends to run slow for a few minutes but then starts up fine again..Maybe it was this process?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

The site occasionally goes through slow downs. Chat has been known to crash for random people. A few people can never use chat because they constantly get booted.

It is a mysterious issue with the programing of the forum. These issues have been happening since the first server was used. Mind this site has passed from serve to home computer to another server through the years and has always had its special 'personality'.

Part of the issue is this is old school - pre telephone used for everything on top of a telephone. Tapatalk has been known to work sporadically.

There have been a few threads through the years on the subject: http://gayspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21