Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we forgotten how to see?
An old lady gives a lesson to the World because she's the only one who is really looking.

The worrying thing about this photo isn't the age of the woman nor the fact that she is surrounded by young people but the fact that is the only one actually looking with her eyes rather than at an image on a Smartphone like all the others who just seem to be intent on capturing an image that they can upload on Twitter in order to receive more "Likes". It seems we are losing the capacity really to enjoy a moment.

[Image: anciana-y-gente-con-smartphone-1.jpg]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

smartphones are like a melting pot for shit!

Yeah, can definitely see your point Londoner. On the flipside though, unless she has a photographic memory, she will never see whatever it is they are all looking at again.

Cridders88 Wrote:Yeah, can definitely see your point Londoner. On the flipside though, unless she has a photographic memory, she will never see whatever it is they are all looking at again.

Peronally I don't understand the excitement. They were watching the arrival of Johnny Depp for a movie premier.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Nope, I don't see the excitement there either [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION]

Alto Wrote:Rubbish, there will be a thousand poorly shot videos on YouTube as well as official coverage.

She will be the only one to have seen it with her own eyes... and actually enjoy the moment

I made a thread about this some years ago... a rant.

I am like that old lady.

Yeah, I get you Smile . The irony is though, that those poorly shot videos on YouTube would've required someone to film it with their smart phone lol

It's not worth complaining about really.
Humans have always tried to record moments important to them with the means available at the time.

If a lot of people at an event feel like the event is important enough to record some/all of it to share with family and friends and reminisce about in future, that's up to them.
It doesn't make them shallow, stupid or in some way "worse" than someone who does not.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

A kid always used a black crayon for drawing, never any color. Hisparents and teacher were concerned and asked him why. He said it was because it was the only one he had.

Maybe the lady is sort of like that in that she doesn't have a smartphone.

I suppose that the picture takers could use some reality but what's the use. Consider not only their way of looking at it, but what they are looking at. Another schlock event.
I bid NO Trump!

I dont really see the problem, my mom does NOTHING but take TONS AND TONS of pictures, when we're at the zoo, a birthday party, on vacation and so on...
And if you ask me, that's what i wanna do too, i wanna capture the good moments so that i can have them with me forever.
And i see nobody complaining about people taking pictures with their cameras? well cuz Theres really no difference, a camera is a camera no matter if it is in a phone or whatever.
I would much rather use my phone to take a pic than a camera 1: my phone is always with me 2: a camera is really expensive if you want a good one at least, and in that case, i would rather spend the double emount of money and then have a phone/mini pc instead og only having a camera.....

What i'm trying to say is, Theres a reason they're called SMARTphones, cuz they are smart/handy, easy to use and a bit less annoying than having to walk around with a phone/clock/calender/alarm/computer/fitness watch... and so on Big Grin

Ha! If the old lady knew how to handle a smartphone, she'd probably be all over it like the rest.

She doesn't because she belongs to a different generation. That's it. Show me someone from the same age group without one, and then you would be making a point.

People in different times do different things. *shrugs*

You're all missing the important part.: Why is everyone so bloody concerned with a f*cking celebrity? There are far better things to do with one's time.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]