Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever cried over something stupid?
Hi All,
Have you ever cried over something stupid??? So stupid its laughable??? Reason ive decided to post this is because its a topic discussed on my local radio station today so as thread starter i decided id give a few examples which are stupid but ive come close to it...

3, Being lost in london and driving round and round and round trying to get out... The tomtom broke and i didnt realise i was doing a complete circle until i ended up 4 hours later passing the same point id started at... I was lost tired and emotional as well as stressed....

In at number 2 of stupid things to get upset about...

I was playing a favourite game of mine on playstation known as final fantasy 8... Id completed several levels and got an adrenaline rush and forgotten to save frequently... When i did i had gone so far into the game that i over rode my previous game file and couldnt go back... Id spent 90 hours playing and getting really far to learn that id not had enough health to complete the level... I was absolutely gutted and got so so upset i ended up trading the game in and packing my console away....

and my all time stupidiest moment to get upset was.....

When i bought a blind from argos.... A bloody blind and i couldnt screw it into the ceiling my arms were going dead and the stool kept sliding away... Id taken down some fixtures and fittings to fit this and was really proud of it and id managed to screw one in but got really upset when the other half wouldnt go into the ceiling... I didnt realise at the time i was trying to screw a screw joint into brick except i was using my fingers and not the proper tools... It did state on the package i didnt need tools and i got so fustrated i burst into tears... I felt such a moron and now ive got my blind up im all proud of it but ive vowed never to get upset with DIY jobs...

I think my problem in general is i get really fustrated and stressed and feel like i want to impress but that tends to lead to overdrive modes and getting emotional over stupid stuff....

So whats your top three (optional) points you have ever cried over and then thought afterwards.... "GET A GRIP FOR GODS SAKE!"

Kindest regards

Zeon =)

yeah, all my stupid thoughts of being alone and never finding someone, feeling like I would be a burden to people if I wanted to tell them something, fear of people hating me, etc...

But in terms of some everyday thing, there was nothing that really hit me like that.

Haha, those aren't so bad!! I think i'm like you in that I'd sooner cry than freak out violently when stress continues to build up like that. Speaking of video games, my brother is a classic "controller-thrower." But I think if it came down to it, i'd break into tears before I threw the controller. haha. (I can't remember ever doing this.. but i wouldn't doubt that it's happened.)

There is one thing my brother will NEVER let me forget. When I was young, maybe 11 or 12, apparently one night I started crying because I didn't know what toothpaste was best to use. haha... i felt so much pressure from the commercials of the different brands or something .This makes me sound like a neurotic type-A brat, but I wasn't! Tongue I must have been extremely exhausted that day.

I cried over my ex-boyfriend and he was really stupid, does that count?

Don't cry much these days, to lazy to do that stuff Big Grin but from when I was a kid, stuff like:

- Lion King when mufasa died T_T
- dificult games after trying so hard and failing multible times. (sad fact, I use to prey to god to let me win followed by cureseing him for treating me so differently, followed by apolgising and asking if he'll let me do the level again... embarresing >.> stupid catholic school).
- nearly crying when your have your last sweet and you drop it...

there's alot, as a child I was a cry baby. I guess alot of crocodile tears to get attention ^_^ but since hitting high school, I'v don't really cry my mind is always to busy to get that emotional :3

I've probably come close to tears over stupid things, work-related, but held it in because I was at work.

I am a total sap though and so have cried during movies and TV shows, and not just tearjerkers, sometimes something just hits me in an emotionally resonant way that others wouldn't necessarily feel as we all have different experiences. Plus I'm very empathetic.

Besides watching stuff, most of my tears have been over real pain though... lost position/job, death, heartbreak, etc. I don't think I've cried at weddings but I have gotten teary-eyed at those as well.

The last 'stupid' cry I had, I think was when I was on holiday in Prague. It was my last day of a great holiday and it dawned on me I was flying home the next day; I didn't want to come back to my crap job and crap life, I was actually sitting in the middle of a street in central Prague at night, sobbing (of course, in hindsight, it was clear I'd drank afew too many strong Czech beers and was just indulging in a huge dose of self pity) :biggrin:

And I flew home with a major hangover; not a good idea Rolleyes

ive cried when i lost in a game i guess but thats what i can remember lol

I don't cry and I'm not saying that to be like a tough or anything, I really just don't. I can't even remember the last time I was even came close to crying.

Maybe when the Leafs win the cup I might let a single tear fall.....but it's not likely.

I wish I could cry easily ... Crying helps

I would cry over not finding a lover yet

I would cry over watching stupid people wasting my time for stupid reasons in things related to work

I would cry over the fact that I have to use most of my brain capacity to think about bureaucratic procedures while someone else could spend this time doing something better and more creative in his life

may be this is not the right thread to post this ... anyway