Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting turned down....
Im sure some of us have had that "Oh, sorry im too busy" or "I have no money to do anything" text which sometimes pretty means they don't wanna see you for another date.

I've been on a few dates with this guy, I like him. Hes the first guy ive seen while not depressed/my depression being really low. Hes different. All we've done is kiss, but even that was different from other guys.

I asked him out for another date but just got that "Im so busy with work" text.
But often he would text me asking me how my day was or even if we didn't talk all day he would text me "Night x" before he goes to bed, so I feel like im getting mixed messages?

Would it look desperate if I asked if he did wanna see me again? Or even if he liked me?
How would I even ask him that without looking desperate, I don't wanna scare him off

You know, it -could- be that he really is just busy with work, yeah?

Maybe wait a few days, keep things casual and just kinda slip it into conversation that if his schedule frees up sometime soon, you'd love to go out again. Put the ball in his court and see what happens, if nothing becomes of it, then you're no worse off than you are now and you haven't made yourself look desperate...just willing.

Gideon is right, he could just be telling the truth about work.

I wouldn't pelt him with questions like you mentioned. Follow his lead, send him the occasional message asking how he is and wishing him sweetdreams at bedtime or something. Take your time and let him take his. Remember to keep it light and humorous, if you can. Humor can be very attractive.

You are letting your insecurities take over here. Not that such thing is uncommon, but still.

The guy is keeping contact with you and that should be your focus rather than what could very well be the truth.

Keep an eye on things and keep it easy and simple. Do as Gideon suggested, and put out there the possibility of going on another date, let him take the ball and do as he will. Reciprocate the communication he is showing you, at the same level, ideally, so he picks up tha you are interested.

If communication fades, you'll know and you'll know to move on.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Mark88 Wrote:Im sure some of us have had that "Oh, sorry im too busy" or "I have no money to do anything" text which sometimes pretty means they don't wanna see you for another date.

I've been on a few dates with this guy, I like him. Hes the first guy ive seen while not depressed/my depression being really low. Hes different. All we've done is kiss, but even that was different from other guys.

I asked him out for another date but just got that "Im so busy with work" text.
But often he would text me asking me how my day was or even if we didn't talk all day he would text me "Night x" before he goes to bed, so I feel like im getting mixed messages?

Would it look desperate if I asked if he did wanna see me again? Or even if he liked me?
How would I even ask him that without looking desperate, I don't wanna scare him off

What if he was actually busy or didn't have the money for something? Can't you at least trust him for what he says and not question it? You would not be desperate. I think you should definitely ask him if he liked you or not and if he's not direct, then something is not right. I ahte guys who beat aroudn the bush. Tell it to me like it is or else.