Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever meet any celebrities ?
I have met two.

The first one was Bruce Campbell, who is best known for playing Ash in the "Evil Dead" movies. I met him at a horror convention in Oregon some years ago, very nice and funny man, he loves his fans and he autographed my copy of "Army of Darkness" I had a good time chatting with him for a few moments. Wish I could have taken a photo though....

The second one may be a bit obscure to non-horror fans, but I actually have written back and forth several times to Lia Beldam, whose only acting role was that of the young woman in the bathroom in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" She is a lovely person, very sweet and easy to talk with. She told be about her experiences working with Jack Nicholson and Kubrick (she said Jack was an excellent kisser and a real flirt hehe) and I enjoy corresponding with her.

Harry Hamlin- Actor- "Clash of the Titans", "Making Love"
Nicolette Sheridan- Actress- "Knot's Landing", "Desperate Housewives"
Dimitri Hamlin- DJ, Model, Actor- Son of Ursula Andress and Harry Hamlin

Met all three when I was a chef in the British Virgin Islands (1993) at an exclusive resort. They were on a family vacation. Harry Hamlin was charming, friendly and better looking in person.

Lynda Carter- Actress- "Wonder Woman" (and an avid supporter of LGBT rights)- At the same resort as above.

Jeff Bridges- Actor, Musician, Activist- Met at the Cat & Fiddle Pub in Hollywood. He was sitting outside in the courtyard chatting with two other guys. He was very down to earth, friendly, intelligent and charming.

Christopher Meloni- Actor-"OZ", ""Law and Order", "True Blood"- Met him as he was walking to the set at Paramount Studios in Hollywood. In person, one of the most attractive men I have ever seen. He seemed nervous but friendly.

Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes- Musician- Met him in 1982 when I was working night shift at a 7-11. He and the band stopped in before heading back to the hotel after a show.

Bill Clinton- President- Met briefly and shook his hand at a political rally/fundraiser for John Kerry.

Gordon Lightfoot- Musician- A personal friend of my high school chemistry teacher, she asked him to come in and play for us one day. He played all of his hits including "If You Could Read My Mind", "Sundown", and "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" in the chemistry lab. That was the best day of my entire four years of high school. Smile

Trent Reznor- Nine Inch Nails- Musician- I was living in Cleveland, Ohio in 1987/88. I went out to this little punk club and the early Nine Inch Nails were performing. I thought that they sucked and could barely play their instruments. But I did compliment Trent on his stage presence and even bought him a drink. Side Note: There was more cocaine in that bar than I have ever seen. Literally lines of coke on almost every table! And a whole lot of snorting going on!

Lalo Wrote:Gordon Lightfoot- Musician- A personal friend of my high school chemistry teacher, she asked him to come in and play for us one day. He played all of his hits including "If You Could Read My Mind", "Sundown", and "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" in the chemistry lab. That was the best day of my entire four years of high school. Smile

[

I am so....freakin' JEALOUS of you right now!!!! :biggrin: Gordon Lightfoot is one of my favorite musicians. Lucky duck!

I once met Jesus Christ of Nazareth, if he counts as a celebrity. I asked him what was up with his fan club and he told me he was sorry for all the wrongs they've committed and still are committing. We went out to a gay bar and had a lobster casserole and a blt with extra bacon for a complete Sabbath brunch and before we had to go our separate ways he told me to be safe and use a condom when I'm having sex.

I met Butterfly, and I must say she's nothing like what you'd expect after hearing people who never met her say she's like. She's a grounded, very balanced person, and she wasn't against Pacific Lumber when it was locally owned but against the practices of Maxxam who took it over in Burns-style villainy. I don't feel like explaining it now.

Geminize Wrote:I almost ran over Willie Nelson with my bicycle in an elevator...

Why didnt you turn around and finish the job???

I was at a book signing of Boys Georges "Boy to Man" and got to meet him.

He is very petite (or was, he's kind of chunked up a bit) and has THE most gorgeous blue eyes I have ever seen on anybody!!!!

He IS a huge self indulgent queen too. But what else would you expect from him???

I met David Bowie on the 4th November 1987 as part of his Sydney leg of the Glass Spider Tour.

Being in the line of work that I am in, I meet a host of local celebrities daily, a lot of them returning customers because of the 'no fuss' service they get. They are just people doing the normal everyday things like you and me.

Mirage Wrote:I have met two.

The first one was Bruce Campbell, who is best known for playing Ash in the "Evil Dead" movies. I met him at a horror convention in Oregon some years ago, very nice and funny man, he loves his fans and he autographed my copy of "Army of Darkness" I had a good time chatting with him for a few moments. Wish I could have taken a photo though....

The second one may be a bit obscure to non-horror fans, but I actually have written back and forth several times to Lia Beldam, whose only acting role was that of the young woman in the bathroom in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" She is a lovely person, very sweet and easy to talk with. She told be about her experiences working with Jack Nicholson and Kubrick (she said Jack was an excellent kisser and a real flirt hehe) and I enjoy corresponding with her.

You got to meet Bruce Campbell? FUCK I'm jealous. He's the embodiment of badassery! :o

dfiant Wrote:I met David Bowie on the 4th November 1987 as part of his Sydney leg of the Glass Spider Tour.

Being in the line of work that I am in, I meet a host of local celebrities daily, a lot of them returning customers because of the 'no fuss' service they get. They are just people doing the normal everyday things like you and me.

Have you ever met Billy Idol??

Im not a big fan or anything, but I think he would be such a fascinating person to meet!!