Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you noticed lately? Rant alert!
CarGuy65 Wrote:Whoops, Guess I didn't figure it out.

Almost; only missing a single bracket after the Virge;490217 part

as in virge;490217]

I think the anonymous feature can definitely be abused. I also have to say (like Virge) I'm a member of numerous forums, none of them have an 'anonymous' feature.

Are newbies using the Anon system, or are we just assuming they are?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

It's not being used by only newbies. It is intended for anonymous posts. It is especially helpful for those who use their real identity for their profile and wish to post anonymously. I have ignored just as many NON-anonymous posts as the seemingly more irritating anonymous ones. I have not needed to use it but I've become friends with those who've settled down with their own irrational lack of well being after using it to air their dirty or crazy laundry, whims, irritations, etc. I respect the feature for its unique presence comparatively speaking.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I thought you guys were amazing nice and understanding when I first joined. I never felt like someone was being mean in response to one of my comments or posts. But then again, I like hearing honest things and some people can't take honesty.........

Meridan pointed out something I'd totally overlooked ---- that there is in fact a 50 post minimum before using the anonymous option. That eliminates newbies as a factor. It tells us the anonymous posters are established members --- people we know.

That presents a whole nudder set of questions and for the sake of harmony I'm not going to share them.... I'm just going to sit back and snicker as I wonder who I know in GS would trust us so little as to hide behind a paper bag to talk about getting upset over a room mate wanting a pussy. Had he done it with his screen name I'd have approached it seriously.

Camfer Wrote:Yes SHOMan I don't know how to do multi quotes either. Stevie is the king of those. Maybe he will teach us!

I'm really confused to if you were talking to me or about me......lol. Unless there is someone else on here named SHOman. I CALL DIBS ON THE NAME.

SHOman93, I think he was referring to me. But since we both have a white Ford as our Avatars, I could see how someone could easily confuse a Classic Mustang with a 25 year newer HiPo Taurus!!!

CarGuy, the only way we could solve that confusion problem is if the two of us happened to stop next to each other at a red light. Wink haha jk

Oops! I do get my white American cars confused. And CCROX taught me how to multiquote! yes!

I guess now that we established that sackface pathetic threads cannot be started by newbies, I will have to amend my first post. I hearby withdraw the word newbie from that post.

Munky2

SHOman93 Wrote:I'm really confused to if you were talking to me or about me......lol. Unless there is someone else on here named SHOman. I CALL DIBS ON THE NAME.

CarGuy65 Wrote:SHOman93, I think he was referring to me. But since we both have a white Ford as our Avatars, I could see how someone could easily confuse a Classic Mustang with a 25 year newer HiPo Taurus!!!