Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having trouble finding the 'B' in LGBT
Jobi Wrote:Thanks for the response Cutieboy,

I guess preference is the hard part of bisexuality, I can confidentially say that my preference romantically is 50/50. However when it comes to aesthetic attraction I do tend to lean towards the more feminine side but it doesn't mean I prefer woman over men, it's just the look I prefer. I'm not sure if that's more common than a pure even indifference. Thanks for your input and support Cutieboy, I appreciate it!
yo your almost the same as me when it comes to your situation im bi as well nice to meet you n if you want to talk to me about anything then you can send me any responses welcome

Sexuality doesn't have to be black or white/gay or straight.... there's middle ground for a lot of people. I'm bi as well but usually prefer guys so that's the way I roll and most people who know that about me are fine with it and accept it (although most of my friends are actually straight so that doesn't really count as the "LGBT community" I guess). The attitude that you described will come up sometimes but who cares? You know yourself best and there's no point in being too concerned about what ignorant people think of you or what you're saying about how you feel.

Thank you everyone for your advice and support,

It's been very good to hear all of the positivity and I feel much better about my situation. I regret to say I still feel very much alone in my little portion of the world right now, but I know that's not permanent and will differ depending on where I live. I won't feel ashamed or try to hide who I am so thank you all for your kind words. Happy New Year!

Jobi Wrote:Thank you everyone for your advice and support,

It's been very good to hear all of the positivity and I feel much better about my situation. I regret to say I still feel very much alone in my little portion of the world right now, but I know that's not permanent and will differ depending on where I live. I won't feel ashamed or try to hide who I am so thank you all for your kind words. Happy New Year!
happy new year to you too

Oh you'd be surprised at how many gay people that i've run into that are horrible to Bi people. Sad but true. These people should be ashamed. However there are Plenty who embrace it...so all is not lost.

Mick

I'm always shocked by the hatred towards bisexuals within the lGBT community =/ another site I use (which seems mainly populated by gay girls) always slags bisexuals because they seem to think they're all in it for attention. I truely believe people can be bisexual, I mean it shouldn't be hard to comprehend, if you can like one you ought to be able to like both.

The morning after a New Years party there was a few guys and girls talking in another room. One of the guys was gay and he mentioned that he'd once been "caught" with a girl in what appeared to be a sticky situation, though nothing was actually happening; the guy who saw them apparently thinking the gay guy was bi. At that point in his story, one girl piped up with the stereotypical "Bisexuality doesn't exist" statement.

She may have been joking, but I wanted to march in there and slap some sense into her. I just don't see how that could make any sense whatsoever to anyone. Nature rarely works in exact polar opposites, it's always more complicated. So how could every single person be 100% straight or 100% gay only? What a silly way to look at things.

Hi Jobi and Hi everyone.
I agree with all of you.

I could say bisexuality exists, but everyone experiences it in a different way. My whole life until 3 years ago I'd always thought there were just Straight people and Gay People. Since I life on a Spanish speaking country, I didn't even know that the word "straight" was applied to heterosexual people, but what happened..i realized I was paying too much attention to guys.. and I wanted to know if any would feel interest in me.
Maybe I always liked boys but I always wanted to have a girlfriend, which up to this moment I've never had. I have made out with a few, and I liked it, but I've never had sex with them cause I was afraid of getting them pregnant.

I still feel attraction to them, but it's easier for me to become friends with guys (in normal situations cause I don't go to gay places, here they aren't so nice and everyone gossips if they know you like guys).

As some people say, and now I know it. "It's not just black or white" ...you can choose your own color. I prefer blue. lol

Take care dudes

what bothers me is that it seems like your suggesting that people should believe you that you're gay. what i can advise you though is that stop thinking too much about what others think of you. you don't need someone's confirmation of who you are. you're the one who knows best who'se the real you. don't go around convincing everyone your gay. no need for that, if you know yourself well.

Bisexuality must be real because I am real and at 55yrs. old I know where I've been. I does seem that the percentages have tipped towards the gay side over the years. Could be that my gay side has not had as much action as my straight side and I need to brings things into balance.
Stephanie