Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He broke up with me..
Right now...my heart is..is broken really i cannot handle this..
We were dating for 2 weeks and he told me that he didnt know for sure his sexual orientation but he was sure he liked me..and ..we were so happy together..and today he told me that he cant be in a relationship with me,and that he cant do something with a guy..
Seriously why?He played with me like this...he should be honest from the start..i feel like dying seriously...

Hi,

I am sorry for your breakup and that you are feeling this way.

But don't you see? He was honest with you. Stay friends if it is possible, allow yourself to have some time just for you, and then you may find more confident boyfriend.
Honestly it's nobody's fault.

Nick9 Wrote:Hi,

I am sorry for your breakup and that you are feeling this way.

But don't you see? He was honest with you. Stay friends if it is possible, allow yourself to have some time just for you, and then you may find more confident boyfriend.
Honestly it's nobody's fault.

He should be honest from the start..i had so many dreams.And i always used to tell him that i dont want to lose him and he used to answer ''You will never lose me,i love you so much''.Like..just punch me and tell me i dont wanna date guys im straight or i dont know..but not lying like this..it sucks :/

He was not lying. If you stay here for some time, you will find out that sometimes even much older people are a bit confused. Being gay doesn't necessarily mean that you like ONLY one gender. Your preferences can be 90% to 10% for example. Some people know from the age of six, some "decide" much later.
Please understand that a straight person can't decide to be suddenly gay. That's not what I meant by that word.
Your bf could be curious or bi.
He was honest with you. I am sure it was no fun for him to break up with you.

You are young. You may have figured out who you are by now, but apparently he has not.
Not everyone can figure themselves out by the age of 12, 15, 20, or even 65. Some things rattle our brains and we make ourselves miserable.

Im sure he meant what he said when he said it. But those "little voices" we have in the backs of our minds play on us sometimes. And sometimes they get the better of us. Not everybody has the know-how or the will power to figure things out the way you or I might.

Some people just need time, some people just need to talk about it, some people may need professional help.

As far as I see it, I agree with Nick9, he WAS honest with you. Just because he broke up with you, doesnt mean he felt any less at the time he was with you. Maybe this is his first romance and maybe he just has all those crazy thoughts and questions running around in his head that come with growing up and figuring yourself out. That doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't feel that way about you anymore....he may just need time to figure himself out.

All you can do is be a friend, wait it out, and be there if he needs to talk to someone or a shoulder to cry on.

Sometimes waiting is the hardest part in growing up AND getting involved with another person.
The outcome may not be what you intend, but at least you are grown up enough to know that he is confused right now and all you can do is be there if he needs you; be a friend to him.

You got this! Don't fall apart just yet. Like they said, at least he was honest. Now be honest with yourself and find your dreams in a different person. Takes much time to get something like this right. Let it all out so a new can pour in.

guys really thank you all so so much..youre right.I shouldnt be so harsh to him and myself.I feel better now..thanks alot

It was just a fortnight (two weeks). Honestly how well did you know him, how well did you know yourself as part of this 'us'?

No doubt there was strong passionate type of love (sexual attraction, hopeful romance), but I do not think you had enough time to actually develop a lasting hard core, deep love with him.

Yes its feels like shit right now.... however in a few days, a couple weeks you will be mostly over him.

When you are ready to analyze this situation, ask yourself a few questions:

1. Why did I fall so rapidly in love with him?
2. Where my expectations this early in a relationship realistic?
3. What where the three key warning signs that he wasn't fully 'out' or accepting of his sexuality?

I do not want any answers to those questions, these are questions you will answer for yourself, and from those answers you can better gauge your actions/reactions in future situations that may run into the same issues.

No doubt you will come up with more questions to ask of yourself and YOUR part in this 2 week affair.

Personally I would be questioning how I could fall so hard in just two weeks. And become that emotionally invested in such a short time.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:It was just a fortnight (two weeks). Honestly how well did you know him, how well did you know yourself as part of this 'us'?

No doubt there was strong passionate type of love (sexual attraction, hopeful romance), but I do not think you had enough time to actually develop a lasting hard core, deep love with him.

Yes its feels like shit right now.... however in a few days, a couple weeks you will be mostly over him.

When you are ready to analyze this situation, ask yourself a few questions:

1. Why did I fall so rapidly in love with him?
2. Where my expectations this early in a relationship realistic?
3. What where the three key warning signs that he wasn't fully 'out' or accepting of his sexuality?

I do not want any answers to those questions, these are questions you will answer for yourself, and from those answers you can better gauge your actions/reactions in future situations that may run into the same issues.

No doubt you will come up with more questions to ask of yourself and YOUR part in this 2 week affair.

Personally I would be questioning how I could fall so hard in just two weeks. And become that emotionally invested in such a short time.
Leave him alone. If you want to give advice do so. But cut the crap you giving him.

PaulUK Wrote:Leave him alone. If you want to give advice do so. But cut the crap you giving him.

Hey,thanks.But relax.I dont really care :p