Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He broke up with me..
Hmm, are we that old?

PaulUK Wrote:Leave him alone. If you want to give advice do so. But cut the crap you giving him.

And how is this crap exactly?

And all of the questions and stuff after are useful tools to help him assess the situation, see for himself how invested he was in this relationship. Assess his feelings and assess the realities of how much he has really invested here.

There are lessons for him to learn here, lessons which will help him heal, lessons which will help him to be able to identify the signs and symptoms and hopefully if another guy like this shows up in his life he will take a proactive stance and not allow himself to get emotionally invested.

Nick9 Wrote:Hmm, are we that old?

What do you mean by that Please?
An eye for an eye

I am sorry that this happened to you. It's only been two weeks and in a way it's good that he's told you. He could of not told you and just left you. This way you know the truth and you know that it wasn't anything you have done.
An eye for an eye

Calm your mind and take a few deep breathes. I think the guy you were with is just a bit confused. He certainly has romantic feelings for you, but I think the physical part of the relationship frightens him a bit. Hes just gotta take them time to figure himself out is all. For some the journey to self acceptance is a short or a long one. It could be a lot worse too, it could have been two years and he told you this.

I agree slightly with Bowyn and a few others in here saying that he was being honest with you. You need to give him time. Time is everything with these things. However I did have a boyfriend who left me and claimed he wanted to "become straight" but he's still VERY much gay today. It's just his way of telling me that he didn't want to be in a relationship with me at that time. You need to continue to show support and just be friends. You don't have to stalk him down or contact him everyday. But just check in every now and then, maybe even hang out some time.

Dan1980 Wrote:What do you mean by that Please?

That was a sigh, a question meant for Bowyn. After reading that Paul's comment, I felt like the gap between our generations and Paul's is something that is hard to "bridge"

Nick9 Wrote:That was a sigh, a question meant for Bowyn. After reading that Paul's comment, I felt like the gap between our generations and Paul's is something that is hard to "bridge"

Please don't call Paul " That Paul" that's degrading how would you like it if we all called you that Nick. I don't think you would like it? Talking about Generations he's in his 30s just like you and and I. It's not much of a gap is it.
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:Please don't call Paul " That Paul" that's degrading how would you like it if we all called you that Nick. I don't think you would like it? Talking about Generations he's in his 30s just like you and and I. It's not much of a gap is it.

Gee, I meant That Comment. I am sorry I am constantly breaking your language.

Nick9 Wrote:Gee, I meant That Comment. I am sorry I am constantly breaking your language.

Language can be a barrier I understand now. Thank you for replying.
An eye for an eye