Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He didnt want to let go!!!
Hi All,
Yesterday I gave up the rights of my second cat to my mum because where i live i figured wasnt right for him... In she came with the basket and out he went in the end... Well last night i was told he was settling in well and today i got a phone call from my mum because he has swpied at her hand and taken my step dads hand as well and when i went over there i called him and he came running across and jumped up my leg and up my jumper and stood on my shoulders purring... My mum went to go near me and he growled and hissed... My mum asked if i would take him back or consider it? I toldf her give him another 24 hours and if not happy i will take him back.. She told me she has never known a cat get so attached and protective over an owner like him. I told her she knows his not like this and he doesnt want to be here but if he doesnt chill then i will take him back...

Anyone ever had a animal get like this with you and you had to go get it?>

Kindest regards

zeon x

have your mother try some catnip

How long has the cat been living with you before this move?

Also, have your parents owned any other pets or currently own any?

The older the cat the less they like to be relocated, and a new alien territory can be stressful enough, but it smelling of other animals can really put them on edge.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Hey, zeon.
I'm sorry you had to give up your pet to your mom.

I know from some animal shelter experience that it could take several weeks for an adult cat to settle into a new home.

It is usually recommended to have a safe room/spare bedroom for the cat to start out with its food, water and litter box. It needs a hiding place like under a bed or something high. Then, your mom would go spend time with the cat in this room and she would maybe sit in there and talk to your cat and get acquainted. Your mom should be more passive and let the cat come to her kind of thing. Maybe have a cat toy and play a bit.

Then, after a while your mom would leave the door open and let the cat wander out on its own to investigate.

Maybe you could go over there and fix a room and get the cat settled. Bring an old shirt that has your scent for it to curl up in.

I hope things work out!

zeon Wrote:Hi All,
Yesterday I gave up the rights of my second cat to my mum because where i live i figured wasnt right for him... In she came with the basket and out he went in the end... Well last night i was told he was settling in well and today i got a phone call from my mum because he has swpied at her hand and taken my step dads hand as well and when i went over there i called him and he came running across and jumped up my leg and up my jumper and stood on my shoulders purring... My mum went to go near me and he growled and hissed... My mum asked if i would take him back or consider it? I toldf her give him another 24 hours and if not happy i will take him back.. She told me she has never known a cat get so attached and protective over an owner like him. I told her she knows his not like this and he doesnt want to be here but if he doesnt chill then i will take him back...

Anyone ever had a animal get like this with you and you had to go get it?>

Kindest regards

zeon x

I'm sorry but if a cat did that to me I'd drown it lol

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. My next door neighbor in Sydney used to love having me over for dinner. I wouldn't enter the house until both cats were either locked away or outside. No non moms with animals at your feet... Especially cats

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pdfwec

I adopted Bitch-Cat from a friend who became unemployed through illness and unable to afford two cats. So I took the small blak kitten. Some time later when he got back on his feet I took the cat back but it had forgotton the other cat she grew up with and as soon as Bitch-Cat was let out of the pet carrier she flew at the other cat and chased her round the guys flat! The older cat was persued in to the bathroom where it lost control of its bowels in the wash basin - NICE! I had to take Bitch-Cat back but I was secretly pleased. She's still with me several years later.

I once had a dog who was very protective and saved my skin on one occasion.

I used to take him in to the woods in the grounds of what used to be Europes largest Psychiatric Hospital, an old Victorian Asylum. Coming out of the woods I noticed that a few other people where paying attaention to a pair of legs in the tall grass.

I went over to investigate and found a large middle-aged man attached to the lags lying on his back in the grass. Collapsed and needing medical attention or just sun bathing? I didn't know. I sat the dog down and went over and called out to attract his attention and attract his attention I did! Big time!

He sat bolt up right with a maniacal grin on his face. I asked if he was okay but he just leared at me. He got up and walked towards me in a determined way. I stepped back but he kept on comming. No matter which way I walked away from him he kept following me. I told him to stop but he paid no attention. I told him to stop and warned him that I would let the dog go if he didn't. He didn't so I let the dog go. That gave me enough time and distance to get away from this loon before I called the dog back.

I've always said an untrained dog is a dangerous dog.

hehe Confusedmile: That's so cute.

Sora[My Diva Dazzler1 Turtle] doesn't let anyone but me hold her, and if they try to, she hisses at them.

It's weird, but Animals and Babies seem to love me. I don't consider myself a magnetic person, but random cats come up to me if I'm sitting off somewhere and a bird sat on my shoe once!

I met my Father's huge Golden Retriever, Cardigan, for the first time last year and now he's obsessed with me Rolleyes . He always tries to get on his two back legs and put his paws on my shoulders or tries to lick me to death :redface: .

My mommy says it's because I'm a Monkey Rofl so they can relate.
~
I'm not sure how you can train an Animal to like someone, but perhaps leave something of yours with your parents? Like an old T-shirt you don't wear anymore that smells like you... it could provide comfort to the kitty Confusedmile: .

Or like someone suggested, let him get comfortable in his own time :biggrin: .

I still think it's so cute that he loves you so much Hearts ... he misses his mommy!