Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He ended The Relationship
Hi Guys: I have posted a few threads here in regards the relationship I am into. I am in a relationship with him and was 57 and I'm 39 years old. We have had many many good moments but also many months of the time because probably because there are some rules that he wants me to follow and I am not doing it. Yesterday he told me that he wants the relationship to be over because he keeps bringing it to the table the bottom almonds that we've had I known this and why he focuses on those bad moments when there are plenty of good moments that we've had together during this three years and to me it looks like they them count when he comes to make at complete Analysis of our relationship. He hasn't had very good relationships in the past he's being hurt is being cheated he's been left and sometimes I feel like I'm picking up all of the leftovers of those relationships He is very stubborn and when I try to talk to him yes it starts getting mad and starts bringing again the negative sides of the relationship I don't know what to do I don't know if I should let it go or fighr for it. Our problems are more related to the how we get along instead of cheating going to Clopston flirting and all that I think he's my soulmate I love you to death I think he's a great person but obviously he doesn't think the same about me I feel sad that things have to be this way but I'm a very confused on what to do or should I just stop talking to him and ignore him at all or should I fight for the legal hope that I have for this relationship I think he loves me but he's getting influenced by his negative thoughts of the relationship and that's making him make the decision when it comes to that. Please guys want to do

Maybe try couples counseling if you really want it to work. If he refuses then I would leave.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

From all you've posted on here over the last year or months, consider this course of action:

- find yourself a new place to live that you can afford
- thank him for opening the door for you to enter the next chapter of your life
- move to your new place
- keep in touch with him as little or as much as you want

Transitions are hard but can be really great!

What, exactly, makes you think he is your soul mate? Is it anything specific or do you just like the term?

In my opinion...you didn't have a relationship and so now you are free to pursue one. He did you both a favor...so thank him...and open a new door. Take some lessons with you so you don't repeat the same mistake.

Oh thank God one of you finally ended this.

Picking through the word salad of your post above, and reviewing the past posts....seriously...this 'relationship' was over a long time ago...you have just been too blind or stubborn to see it. There's nothing to fight for. You had nothing. You could fight and 'win' and you'll still have nothing.

So. Move on. Move out. Get your own place. Meet other guys. Fall in love. Have wild sex. See your kids whenever you want. Clean up your immigration stuff. Be independent.

And forget him.

It sounds like he would prefer to live alone. And die alone. Let him get on with it.

I'll sexond (or fifth) all that's been said. The relationship sounds like it ended some time ago. I get no sense of "soul mate" other than it means you wouldn't have to go out and find someone else. Even from our vantage point (through your eyes), we thought it was over. Take time to mourn, then get back out there.

I'm going to be wondering what "bottom almonds" are all day, though....

Lex

Lexington Wrote:I'll sexond (or fifth) all that's been said. The relationship sounds like it ended some time ago. I get no sense of "soul mate" other than it means you wouldn't have to go out and find someone else. Even from our vantage point (through your eyes), we thought it was over. Take time to mourn, then get back out there.

I'm going to be wondering what "bottom almonds" are all day, though....
Lex

Lol I think he may have meant bitter almonds...

"...It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love..."― Gabriel Garcí*a Márquez

Zurdoknoc Wrote:...Please guys want to do
I hope you know that most of us here on GS don't want to be rude or mean. But, seriously? You're SUCH a drama queen. The fact that you didn't take the time to preview, re-read and edit your own post so it was coherent and made sense, begs the question, why should we bother reading it and trying to make sense of it -- let alone tell you "want to do"? Besides, we've been hearing about this on-going drama for months now and as we've said repeatedly, there is something fundamentally wrong with this relationship. If it's over, thats a good thing.

MikeW Wrote:I hope you know that most of us here on GS don't want to be rude or mean. But, seriously? You're SUCH a drama queen. The fact that you didn't take the time to preview, re-read and edit your own post so it was coherent and made sense, begs the question, why should we bother reading it and trying to make sense of it -- let alone tell you "[B]want to do[/B]"? Besides, we've been hearing about this on-going drama for months now and as we've said repeatedly, there is something fundamentally wrong with this relationship. If it's over, thats a good thing.

Thanks, Mike...I've been told repeatedly by a disgruntled intern at work that I'm "a freak" about grammar and spelling...I've made her rewrite so many reports that she's getting carpal tunnel syndrome, but she still doesn't get it. She has, several times, misspelled my name on documents that were going to clients...ARRRGGHHH!!!!

How many threads has this been now about your problem relationship? He is not your soul mate, that is just you wanting to be in a relationship. It takes more to make a relationship work than just wanting to be in one. You've been trying to make this better for a long time now, but from your many, many posts on this, it only seems to get worse. Leave and get on with your life. It is time for you to move and get straight outta Clopston.