Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He keeps asking non-stop about my sexuality and its getting upsetting
Well, I have a guy friend online, he has been on this topic for the past 5 months. He keeps asking me if I am gay, I tell him no, then he starts talking dirty and waits for a reaction, so at first my reaction was that is sick, etc...

My friends told me to tell him to stop, and i did many times, then i would get mad and not chat with him online, it would work for a few days but he would be back at it again.

This time i was told just laugh at it and dont react, maybe he likes my reaction and gets a laugh out of it. I tried that too and still he keeps going on about it, If I say I am gay and like him, he takes it way out of line and then keeps calling me gay and other similar names.

I am sick and tired of this, I don't know what to do to stop it. I like him for his other great qualities and we get along great, I am also making a trip to his country to visit my cousin and he will be near by.

How can I stop him from doing this and now last night he said he does not know if i had sex with women as well. I really am a private person and see no reason why he should know my sexuality preference.

Any advice on how to stop him from saying these things? Also he keeps saying he is not gay and he only likes women and all that as if he is reassuring himself that he is straight, but believe me he really likes me, constantly on skype talking to me, now lately before he sleeps as well.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know how old you are Sean, but I think you sound quite young and inexperienced.
There is no reason why this so called friend should know your sexual preferences.
My question is: Is he really a friend to be tormenting you that way??? Can't you just block him and forget about his devious questions? Ignore him totally?
Do you personally have any doubts about your sexuality?
Some people can be quite pushy when they have an agenda. I don't think he's much of a friend if he puts himself first in the relationship.
Good luck with putting an end to the crap.

I would question the friendship too. I had a friend that seemed so great to talk to in some ways as he made it easy to talk with him, as he was quite ongoing. I started to feel like I could trust him. But then at parties, he'd tell people stuff I'd said... stuff I didn't necessarily care if they knew, but it wasn't his place to tell them - he was trying to make me feel embarrassed. I began to realize that he was so social and easy to talk to because he loved to get dirt on people and gossip, and I began to feel like I couldn't trust that he wasn't saying more behind my back.

Other good qualities or not, your guy sounds similar where perhaps he's a fun guy to chat with at other times.... but that doesn't mean he's a good friend. I'd point blank tell him, "You need to stop harrassing me about this or I'll block you" and if he does, block him. You don't need to be subjected to all that drama. Also, if he's not admitting to himself his own attractions, it sounds like he may be projecting onto you his own frustrations/confusions, which is a shame; he needs to find a healthier way to deal with his attractions.

Ah, there's a problem with taking the "none of your business" stance when people question your sexuality, it ends up being pretty much the same thing as admitting to being gay, bi, or unsure.

I don't know, you sound young, and teenagers are all over the place with their behavior, and they aren't necessarily bad people. I wouldn't read too much into his behavior about how much he likes you, that's just asking for trouble, even though it's natural to asks yourselves those questions.

You've done the right thing by telling him to stop. He hasn't though and it really comes down to how much trouble you want to put yourself through. The other option is just to tell him about your preferences and explain to him in detail why you want him to stop.

Blocking him is another option.

Sounds like normal teenage behavior 2 me. He is obviously experiencing sexual tension because of U. Sounds like he has definate Bi tendencies. He may like women, but he is also a normal horney teenager. I M not sure why U want to keep your sexual orentation such a secrete from everybody. Sooner or later U will come out.

He has a right to B curious and turned on. Sounds like he is young and horney; nothing wrong with that.

I hope U R able to stay friends with him. Try not 2B too offended when somebody finds U fascinating. It is all normal behavior.

He is obviously a blossoming man . . . Men like making sexual conquests . . .They can B quite persistant.

Consider it a blessing.

Thank you for all your comments, I think domitian hit the nail right on the head. I don't think any two guys talk for hours on skype, lately we are talking close to 8 hours a day, this all after he figured out that i could have the hots for him.