Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's 16, I'm 24. Too young?
Jake Wrote:The LAW of the western world sees it differently... at 16 he's protected... at 24 our friend could end up in jail for 3 years if the boy's parents decide to act upon it

Just to clarify, it may be the law of Canada, but its certainly not the law of the western world.

Just Google age of consent and you will find it varies vastly between countries, and knowing the US, probably between states as well.

The legal age of consent is 16 here in the UK, but there are certain safeguards in place to prevent abuse of individuals - but thats for another post. In other countries its 15.

Regarding the OP, I will say this, and you will hear it from others: Age is just a number. Period.

If you guys hit it off, then enjoy it for as long as you can. So he lied about being 18, big deal. Just make sure he is of legal age, anything else is just jailbait!

Your both young, enjoy life while you can, and if its together even better.

ObW
X

I don't see a problem with age difference myself but I am concerned about the legal ramifications. As Bowyn said, nobody would be questioning a thing if a 34 year old were dating a 26 year old.

While I don't think you two should stay apart for 2 years just so he can turn 18, I think you should consider the consequences if you get caught having sex. Why not keep the relationship platonic for a year or so? (Although I know it's hard at both your ages. Hormones are raging and all that.)

Beau Wrote:Why not keep the relationship platonic for a year or so? (Although I know it's hard at both your ages. Hormones are raging and all that.)

Indeed it's hard,but it's not impossible. In my culture,some of us could wait 3-5 years or even more for sex,and I believe the key is by limiting physical relationship and focus more on emotional relationship.

I wish everything turn out well Evan,best of luck~ Baer

He's sixteen. Hold off on it. For one, it's technically illegal, and for two, whether you realize it or not, you're probably ten times more mature than he is. It's just not a good idea all around. That's not to say your feelings aren't legitimate, but sometimes feelings get the best over judgment. Wait a few years, not just because of the legality thing, but because he's still a "kid", you know? I mean, I know some older people consider twenty-somethings to still be "kids" in a sense, but he's still like a kid, kid.

Again: look up the psychology and physiology around it. My issue is the idea that someone who's brain and identity/independence aren't fully developed could carry on with someone who has. It's not hostility, it's incredulity.

Maturity doesnt matter in the eyes of the "the law", or "the parents".

Unless he's living on his own, with a full time job.........dont even.

According to the Indiana Revised Code (which contains every current state law) 16 is legal. Here is the link to all of the sexual offenses: http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/ti...2/ch4.html -- unless I have missed somethjng there is not a law on the books that makes it illegal for a 24 year old to have sex with a consenting 16 year old in the state of Indiana.

Follow your instincts not some stupid laws which change like the weather. An 8 year difference in age is close to normal for many guys. The only time I later came to dislike a guy was when my 6th grade teacher, a Christian Brother in a Catholic grammar school, asked to fuck my mouth. I let him.. He then proceeded to fuck older boys who could ejaculate. I still resent the Catholic teachers and priests in grammar school who fucked us. They violated their position of trust. They told us they were infallible and they could do no wrong. Guys like that can go to hell.

Your friend lied slightly about his age. If you can't forgive him, he is better off without you. Guys forgive or we are all fucked.

Let it go and find out if you face legal danger. Does he have a crazy cop for a dad. If there are not obvious repercussions, let your hormones tell you what to do.

He sounds alright. You sound rather effeminate. Buy a dress and get laid at gay dives.

Rosie Wrote:According to the Indiana Revised Code (which contains every current state law) 16 is legal. Here is the link to all of the sexual offenses: http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/ti...2/ch4.html -- unless I have missed somethjng there is not a law on the books that makes it illegal for a 24 year old to have sex with a consenting 16 year old in the state of Indiana.

That's champion information Rosie... if the law allows it Evan go for it... but do remember what we discussed... the age doesn't matter if he's consenting, if his parents are aware of you and are in a way okay with it... because if the parents are not you may be becoming more than a boyfriend (if you understand what I mean.) It's hard enough to find the right person and if that person happens to be of a consenting age why not. That doesn't make you a freak or a pedophile nor does it make your conquest a gerontophile. I sure know at 16 I knew the difference between pee and sperm and god knows I had my share of sex with older guys at that age. In a way it did helped me to gain maturity much more quickly than the average 16 years old boy.

So if all was okay with him, his parent and him what's left is to wish you a great and long lasting relationship dude Smile

gilhooly Wrote:He sounds alright. You sound rather effeminate. Buy a dress and get laid at gay dives.

Haha! You couldn't be more off. I'm as masculine as it gets, so I'll pass the dress if you don't mind.

On to what I wanted to say: Just thought I'd post a little update in case anyone's interested.

His name is Josh, by the way. He told his parents the truth last week, and their initial reaction wasn't very positive. His mom was sort of willing to listen to him, but his dad was pretty adamant. He thought the age difference was just too big, and was even a little angry about the whole situation, and at me. However, after two days of not giving ground at all, he finally agreed to at least listen to what Josh had to say about it. I don't know how the hell he did it, but he got his dad to at least consider giving it a chance. I think part of it is that he showed him a lot of our messages, which clearly show I don't have any bad intentions.

Anyway, I'm supposed to meet his parents this Friday. That was one of the conditions they had; they wanna meet me. Well, that was to be expected, and honestly I want the same as well, just to avoid any misconceptions.

So.. yeah.. knowing that 16 is in fact the legal age to have sex (my friend who's in law school told me so, and I believe him) (and not that all I care about is sex, but it's good to know no one can blame me for possibly doing something illegal), and knowing his parents are willing to meet me, and lastly after considering all (yes, all!) comments from you guys on here and from my friends.. I've decided to give it a try. I think I'd rather try and find it doesn't work out than not even try and always wonder what if.

Wow, this has turned into a book. I just wanted a quick update! Well, thanks again everyone for your help! I really appreciated it.