Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's 16, I'm 24. Too young?
I had actually read this post before but I was hesitant to post, but anyway, here's my two cents.

I know he could be extremely mature, like the most mature, calm funny and down to earth guy, I really do get you there.

Point is, he's still 16, his hormones are still acting on him, and will still act in some very unexpected ways, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, but there's a lot deal of syuff he's going to deal with that you already dealt with, I don't know how you were at his age, but me and most of the guys I know weren't able to hold the same boyfriend they had on their 15-20 to 22.

Mostly because at that age we're still stablishng our character, we make a lot of mistakes at this age because we're experimenting, we do a lot of things without looking at the consecuences because that's what teenage is about, a system of trial and error,

So if you're willing to give it a chance go for it, I know every relationship is different, but please, for your own sake keep in mind, no matter how amazing mature he may seem, he is still a teenager, he is still growing up, both, phisically and mentally, it's a huge responsability, that a boy closer to his age wouldn't have but you being older will constantly be scrutinized by his parents.

Evan Wrote:Haha! You couldn't be more off. I'm as masculine as it gets, so I'll pass the dress if you don't mind.

On to what I wanted to say: Just thought I'd post a little update in case anyone's interested.

His name is Josh, by the way. He told his parents the truth last week, and their initial reaction wasn't very positive. His mom was sort of willing to listen to him, but his dad was pretty adamant. He thought the age difference was just too big, and was even a little angry about the whole situation, and at me. However, after two days of not giving ground at all, he finally agreed to at least listen to what Josh had to say about it. I don't know how the hell he did it, but he got his dad to at least consider giving it a chance. I think part of it is that he showed him a lot of our messages, which clearly show I don't have any bad intentions.

Anyway, I'm supposed to meet his parents this Friday. That was one of the conditions they had; they wanna meet me. Well, that was to be expected, and honestly I want the same as well, just to avoid any misconceptions.

So.. yeah.. knowing that 16 is in fact the legal age to have sex (my friend who's in law school told me so, and I believe him) (and not that all I care about is sex, but it's good to know no one can blame me for possibly doing something illegal), and knowing his parents are willing to meet me, and lastly after considering all (yes, all!) comments from you guys on here and from my friends.. I've decided to give it a try. I think I'd rather try and find it doesn't work out than not even try and always wonder what if.

Wow, this has turned into a book. I just wanted a quick update! Well, thanks again everyone for your help! I really appreciated it.

I rarely comment on posts anymore but I have one thing to say. Good on you Evan. In England this would not be an issue at all. It seems like his parents are more open hopefully and surely this can be a positive thing. Yeah there might be little things like he may need to mature mentally etc but from what you have said he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I don't think the advice has been amazing on here some of it lacked common sense. I just want to say you should be commended on the way you have dealt with things. Good luck, I hope it goes well. :-)

@ Ryocchi. I actually had a relationship that started when I was 19 and ended when I was 23. But, we were the same age, so I guess that means you sort of develop together.
I get what you mean, and I am definitely keeping all those things in mind. But yes, I am willing to give it a chance, and if it turns out it doesn't work out, I'll be the first to admit I made a mistake. I just hope that won't happen.
Thanks for the input!

&mrk2010. Thanks (: I hope so too!

Evan Wrote:Haha! You couldn't be more off. I'm as masculine as it gets, so I'll pass the dress if you don't mind.

On to what I wanted to say: Just thought I'd post a little update in case anyone's interested.

His name is Josh, by the way. He told his parents the truth last week, and their initial reaction wasn't very positive. His mom was sort of willing to listen to him, but his dad was pretty adamant. He thought the age difference was just too big, and was even a little angry about the whole situation, and at me. However, after two days of not giving ground at all, he finally agreed to at least listen to what Josh had to say about it. I don't know how the hell he did it, but he got his dad to at least consider giving it a chance. I think part of it is that he showed him a lot of our messages, which clearly show I don't have any bad intentions.

Anyway, I'm supposed to meet his parents this Friday. That was one of the conditions they had; they wanna meet me. Well, that was to be expected, and honestly I want the same as well, just to avoid any misconceptions.

So.. yeah.. knowing that 16 is in fact the legal age to have sex (my friend who's in law school told me so, and I believe him) (and not that all I care about is sex, but it's good to know no one can blame me for possibly doing something illegal), and knowing his parents are willing to meet me, and lastly after considering all (yes, all!) comments from you guys on here and from my friends.. I've decided to give it a try. I think I'd rather try and find it doesn't work out than not even try and always wonder what if.

Wow, this has turned into a book. I just wanted a quick update! Well, thanks again everyone for your help! I really appreciated it.

Your's to have and to hold... Remember?

Well done! "muzzeltof! You worked through one hell of a minefield together. Kudus to both of you!

That must have been a huge thing for him to do... I think it's a clear indication of the depth of his commitment to you... Just remember it in times to come. Also, remember, as mature as he may seem to be, you will still need to be the bigger person from time to time (as different from the right person)

Love him, nourish him, grow him.

May you have many happy times together You lucky, lucky man.

Best of the best to both
Trial

16 is too young , wait at least until he is 18. This could end very badly for you

Hey.

I don't mean to sound judgmental, but is he even legal? I haven't checked where you're from, but you could get in trouble.
Besides, even if he's legal, if people from his environment found out about it, his parents could make you quite a mess.

If I were you, I would end it. He's a minor after all.

P.S. There's a saying from where I'm from and it goes like this: "The one who sleeps with children, wakes up pissed." Think about it.

As has been pointed out several times, 16 is the age of consent where the OP lives. So this really boils down to a moral issue, not a legal one. I personally am not one to pass judgement on other people's relationships, so I will merely wish the OP the best of luck with his decision. Smile

It's really you're choice. If you feel that is't right then do it. Age isn't always just a number tho and remember that. If you are fine with it and he's fine with it and all parties considered are fine with it the go for gold!

The following from Wikipedia on the age of consent for gay men in Indiana.

"Indiana
The age of consent in Indiana is 16.[62] A close in age exception allows minors 14–15 years of age to legally consent to sex with a partner who is less than 18 years old.
IC 35-42-4-9 states: "Sexual misconduct with a minor Sec. 9. (a) A person at least eighteen (18) years of age who, with a child at least fourteen (14) years of age but less than sixteen (16) years of age, performs or submits to sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct commits sexual misconduct with a minor, a Class C felony."[63] Under certain aggravating circumstances, the offense increases to a Class B felony or to a Class A felony. The law allows the actor a defense to prosecution if the victim is currently or was previously married (the absolute minimum marriageable age in Indiana is 15), although this defense does not apply in the case of violence, threats or drugs. The law also allows a defense if the actor is within 4 years of age of the younger person and the two were in an ongoing dating/romantic relationship. This is not a close in age exception though, but merely a defense in court. The law also allows a mistake of age defense if the actor reasonably believed the victim was 16 or older.
The age limit rises to 18, according to IC35-42-4-7, if the actor is an adult who is the guardian, adoptive parent, adoptive grandparent, custodian, or stepparent of the minor; or a child care worker for the minor; or a military recruiter who is attempting to enlist over the minor.[63]
Any person who engages in sexual intercourse with a child under 14 years of age commits a Class B felony, under IC 35-42-4-3 Child molesting. Under certain aggravating circumstances, the crime becomes a Class A felony.[63]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_con...ca#Indiana