Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's 18, I'm 36. How to tell him nothing is possible?
If age is really an issue for you and you know what you want, just avoid all his advances...

A guy who is not given any attention would probably move on soon

Yes let him know how you feel and move on.

Well, this is my advice. Just tell him what you want to tell. But, make sure it would not hurt his heart somehow.

Anonymous Wrote:Well, I believe that many teens believe that everyone who's more than 30 years old, is so old that almost dead already.

I think it would be bad if I went out with him. He would make big hopes then and if it won't work out he'll be heart broken.
Wow. Wanna switch places, I would love foranybody to show the slightest interest in me. Though perhaps I am not quite ready for that. Wow, earth to hank. Sorry. I kia this doesn't help you.

You should tell him point blank honestly and directly that you do not want a relationshipwith him. it's all in delivery. "you seem like a sweet guy. You are attractive, you have a lot to offer" so on so forth. But you need to tellhim that you aren't interested otherwise he may resent you for not saying so.

Oh hell Hank, there are people interested in you.

I mean I would jump all over you, except you got that whole 'Office of the law' thing going on and I have a tendency to be psychopathology criminally minded... The best we can strive for is that love/hate relationship that Super Heroes and Super villians can have.... So I can't be your lover but I can be your nemesis.... I'll be your Two Face to your Batman - how does that sound? Xyxthumbs

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Oh hell Hank, there are people interested in you.

I mean I would jump all over you, except you got that whole 'Office of the law' thing going on and I have a tendency to be psychopathology criminally minded... The best we can strive for is that love/hate relationship that Super Heroes and Super villians can have.... So I can't be your lover but I can be your nemesis.... I'll be your Two Face to your Batman - how does that sound? Xyxthumbs

Find out what happens when an immovable object collides with an unstoppable force. Mightbe fun!

Hell I have hand cuffs and authority. Howare you going to getoutof this mess?

hank Wrote:Find out what happens when an immovable object collides with an unstoppable force. Mightbe fun!

Hell I have hand cuffs and authority. Howare you going to getoutof this mess?

Oh dear, I forgot about handcuffs.. understand I'm kinda into the whole bondage scene.... :biggrin:

southbiochem Wrote:What suprised me the most about this guy is he said guys his age are all sex-crazed. If he's not that means this guy is very mature for his age. It's really HARD to find a guy in the "gay world" that's not sex-crazed let alone when he's 18..

Well,it is kinda rare for some one his age to not be sex-crazed,but I'm in the same boat as he is and I know that's what I want,emotional and sexual intimacy instead of just sex.

MisterTinkles Wrote:It depends on the guy usually. I don't put too much into "age", because I've seen 50 years olds who act like 10 year olds, and I've seen 18 year olds who act like they are 50.

Anonymous Wrote:I'll never believe that guys in their teens are able to love for real. They take infatuation for love and this "love" lasts until they see someone who's more attractive than you are. Maybe he's just looking for some experience, maybe material sponsor. I don't want to experience a situation when after a while he has had his fun and will be like "bye, dude, I don't need you anymore". That's why I only date grown men because usually take relationship seriously and don't toy with your feelings.

I have to agree with MrTinkles,that's why age isn't a factor in maturity as a whole,though statistically it does matter. I personally thought that men in his 30s are more prone to settle down than those in 20s though that's not true for all cases,but I could see why he's interested in you instead of men in his age,perhaps because he has that same kind of perception.

If this is his first relationship that he tries to pursue,most probably it's infatuation,but it doesn't mean it can't turn into a great relationship,after all infatuation is one of the early stage of long term relationship.

The way I see it you are too concerned on the age issue reflecting maturity of a person,so if you don't think you could be open to it,then as many above have already said,end things with him as nicely as possible.

Anonymous Wrote:...he always says that age is just a number...
...I believe partners should be more or less the same age and I just want him to understand it.

He's right you know. You're being narrow-minded. But that's your option. Whatever your reason for not wanting to get involved with him, the point is that you don't. Tell him he's a pest, and it's really becoming annoying. Other than that, just keep on what you've been doing.

Like someone said above, just make sure you're not sending mixed messages.

I'm not sending mixed messages. If he understands it that way, that's already his problem. I've told him thousand times - you're too young for me, I'm not interested. However he doesn't seem to hear it.

I don't think there's something wrong with wanting to be with a man like myself, not child.