Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health Scare and I'm Freaking Out :-(
Ok I'll try to give that a go, it's just really hard to get an appointment with doctors, plus over the next two weeks I have exams and cannot miss them at all. I'm gonna see If I can get to a walk in clinic. I might give it a few days an see if the swelling goes down then go.

go to a doctor..... and the whole thing is forgotten in a few hours....

I've just but the bullet and went next door as the neighbour is a nurse, she's looked at it and think it could be a hair follicle and the surrounding area is infected. I also found out a family member who had a similar thing where a similar swelling occurred.

Hello babes,
Dont get down about whats happenning in life with ya body lumps... Get them checked out is the best advice because if you leave it it could get wore and your end up regretting it... I had a lump in my lip develop back in august 2011 and l know i should of got it checked out but to be honest i havent it goes down from time to time and then gets a little bigger and i think it might be something like a fatty lump as its causing me no pain or discomfort just something to chew on when bored. Lumps are scary at first but if it was something like cancer they can easily cut it out and if its a biol get it lanced. Dont do what im doing and wait for it to just go away as mine doesnt and i cant go to my doctors as he committed suicide in november 2011 hence no time to register at new one

Kindest regards

zeon x

Doctors appointment Tuesday just to be safe, it feels really hot now and is throbbing a bit.

mrk2010 Wrote:Doctors appointment Tuesday just to be safe

Good stuff. You can get it dealt with and put your mind at ease and focus on exams then. Like the others have said, I'm sure its nothing to worry about, it sounds like a hair follicle infection, they are small blisters filled with pus and can be quite itchy and sore. Do your best not to touch it until it gets seen too.

you have given the area a lot of attention, its probably worse for wear, good you noticed it tho.
good luck on Tuesday.

Im glad ya got ya appointmenjt sorted... Please let us know your ok Smile

kjindest regards

zeon x

Hopefully just got to keep it together till then.

Hot and throbbing is a sign of infection. Resist the temptation to touch it and feel it, keep the area clean, and maybe put a cold compress over the area to relieve the discomfort. If it gets any worse or you start running a fever, get yourself to the nearest hospital or one of the Clinics that Andy advised.

If you just keep the area clean and don't poke at it too much, you should be right until Tuesday.

I hope you are feeling better Wink