Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health Scare (that is no longer a scare)
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. It's been a bit... hectic.

In short, I woke up with a rash on my foot on Sunday. Ddin't think much of it, took an allergy pill, showered, it went down. Monday it went up and Tuesday I searched desperately fo a doctor, then saw two different ones. On Wednesday I saw a dermatologist and he determined I had a delayed allergic reaction to the antipsychotic I was on.

It wouldn't have been so scary had Steven-Johnson's Syndrome not been a possibility, which is basically a symptom caused by Lamictal that can cause your skin to die, then infections that can kill you.

But, like I said, the dermatologist said it was just an allergic reaction and he removed me from the medication.

I'm all good! Not dying, but still itchy! :/

Good to hear, might want to try some camomile oinment for the itch.

Glad you're feeling better, Blue! Confusedmile:

BeautifulBlue Wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. It's been a bit... hectic.

Next time, bring a note from your Mom! Rofl

Glad to hear you're okay. Bighug

there was a new scare every day during the two Bush terms.
[Image: bush-fear.jpg]

Glad to hear u ok, I myself had a health scare in january, I found a lump on my inner thigh and thought I was dying of cancer, then realised that in a guy my age it is relatively rare. Turns out I either had a haematoma due to knocking it or I had a case of the flu and my glands swelled up. Read the thread below, these things are scary.

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=18843

ok
so about early 2010 i got the flu and normally takes 2 weeks to get over it but after a couple of months still going strong. Americans, including me; have an odd attitude about going to the doctor.
-got tested for the HIV and various STD's, all negative; monogamous gay relationship right.
-had a general blood test and the PSA levels were >4x normal, possible prostate cancer.

apparently PSA levels can be effected by lots of things including the chronic body infection i had. The Urologist gave me a series of 3 shots that fixed the infection. He did a biopsy that was negative (I am thankful). They take a few tissue samples off the prostrate. My cum was blood red for a couple of weeks.
Guess i should take better care of myself

Pellaz:
Bush reminds me of Popeye in that pic Laugh

Blue..glad you're ok. Cool