Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health benefits of being overweight
A new report shows that being overweight is not as harmful as is commonly believed, and actually confers some surprising health benefits.

Being five to ten pounds overweight could protect people from ailments ranging from tuberculosis to Alzheimer's disease, research indicates.

Those carrying 15 to 25 extra pounds are better able to recover from adverse conditions such as emphysema, pneumonia, and various injuries and infections, states the report.

Thirty to 40 pounds of flab could help fend off breast, kidney, pancreatic, prostate, and colon cancer. And an extra 50 pounds on the scale may improve eyesight, reverse baldness, cure the common cold, and reduce global warming.

In general, the report concludes, overweight people are happier, more successful in business, smarter, and friendlier.

"This just goes to show that conventional wisdom is wrong," said a spokeswoman for the study group. "Not to mention the hundreds of studies that came before!"

The study was funded by a research grant from McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, Domino's Pizza, Starbucks, Haagen Dazs, Sara Lee, and Krispy Kreme.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I had a childhood friend and an Uncle who died from pancreatic cancer. Both were extremely thin all their lives (never had any visible fat on their bodies). I've also known 3 people with Alzheimer's disease,, and they were all skinny people too..

Doesn't matter weather your skinny or fat,,, we all die from something... So I say; enjoy your life, be happy,,,, because you only get one chance at living..

Sin-cerely,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!