Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Health what we missed in the threads
I see alot of questions about sex, health bene's at work, how to guides, what I don't see is...........

How to love yourself, it's not easy, especially if you are under attack by your pers of others. Looking in the mirror is not necessarilly helpful, asking others that have been there is probably the most useful, applying love for yourself instead of hate or doubt, the best help, how do you get there, know that your the same as everyone else out there, that minor sex thing is less than 3% of what makes you as a person, when you see us on this site care about others it's not cause their gay it's cause they are real people that have likes and dislikes, loves and hates, caring and not caring, wait stop, it's that uncaring we address, all persons are worthwhile even if you don't agree with them, with out the othersides opinion we would be board, you all are 97% the same as everyone else in the world, frighting huh, it's that other 3% that makes us great, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:I see alot of questions about sex, health bene's at work, how to guides, what I don't see is...........

How to love yourself, it's not easy, especially if you are under attack by your pers of others. Looking in the mirror is not necessarilly helpful, asking others that have been there is probably the most useful, applying love for yourself instead of hate or doubt, the best help, how do you get there, know that your the same as everyone else out there, that minor sex thing is less than 3% of what makes you as a person, when you see us on this site care about others it's not cause their gay it's cause they are real people that have likes and dislikes, loves and hates, caring and not caring, wait stop, it's that uncaring we address, all persons are worthwhile even if you don't agree with them, with out the othersides opinion we would be board, you all are 97% the same as everyone else in the world, frighting huh, it's that other 3% that makes us great, Jim

I have to say that I like the intention of this thread but I have to respectfully disagree with you...the part I highlighted above. I do not think all people are worthwhile....It is easy to find examples...Hitler would be a good one...how about Jim Jones and the Fred Phelps KKKlan....and I don't feel like giving the time of day to the host of gay bashing homophobic right wing pundits...I think they are dangerous. I am not bored or suffering at all by tuning them out...I think it enriches my life not listening to their crap.

It truly pisses me off to think about how many gay teenagers internalized the crap they spew...how many were driven to take their own lives because they listened to the not so worthwhile opinions of the homphobes...grew up listening to them? Just the other day there was a report on the war on gay teens in Michelle Bachman's district and how many lives have been lost....can anyone really advocate they "listen" to the worthwhile opinions of Michelle Bachmann and her closeted gay husband?

I was talking with one of my regular customers last week..this really sweet and funny older gentleman who is a concentration camp survivor and has tons of great stories and words of wisdom. Can you imagine telling him that the Nazi's "opinions" are worthwhile?

The kids that killed Matthew Shepherd..are their opinions worthwhile?

Sometimes people are just plain old evil and it is best to call them on it. I wish more people would do so. It would be a much better world.

Generally speaking, I'd say it's important to cultivate friends who help you out (and you help them out) and avoid those who are constantly negative and criticizing in unhelpful ways.

Setting realistic goals and keeping them (including one's word) can also help. But when learning new skills a person has to remember it's a journey that takes time (the true masters of it would probably say a lifetime) rather than getting discouraged because one doesn't get good at it right away. The things that take perseverance to accomplish (*) can fill us with the strongest self esteem than accomplishing things that are quick & easy.

(*see also this GS thread)

Pix Wrote:Generally speaking, I'd say it's important to cultivate friends

it is important to keep people around you as a reality ck

James Wrote:I see alot of questions about sex, health bene's at work, how to guides, what I don't see is...........

sex is legally blessed by god himself enjoy it cos it doesnt matter who you do it with or how you do it

If we don't stop to try and undertand how the enemy thinks how are we supposed to defeat him, just ask the pentagon, and If you studied wwii there were lots of german soldiers who surrendered cause they didn't believe in what they were fighting for, as for basher's they will take on whoever is in he spot light this week cause it highlights them, Jim Jones was a religious cult, when the people that are religious follow blindly that is the result in ANY reliion. Question always, but take all info as that persons opinion, all people are worthwhile, some are misguided, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Actually East, if it wasn't for the people like Hitler, Phelps, the guys who killed Matthew and the rest of the demons in human flesh that walk this earth we most likely wouldn't do much to improve things.

These people, these shining examples of the depravity of the human condition, have sparked revolutionary movements away from those things we hate about ourselves as a species.

Those anti-gay people have don't more to further our cause than people like Harvey Milk, Gary Burns, Jeremy Bentham, et al. Why, by throwing into our face that that hatred is a bad thing, by doing that we all truly despise to remind us that things do need to change.

Yes hate is ugly, and yes that hatred can be horrendous, however those of us who do not hate strongly, but just enough to make minor choices that affect the lives of others such as not hiring the flamer over the straight acting boy, such as hiring the white guy over the black guy - the little, petty hatred would do so without anyone speaking out. Its the real horror shows, the really loud and dangerous hatred that reminds us all that our petty hatred is just as bad.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Actually East, if it wasn't for the people like Hitler, Phelps, the guys who killed Matthew and the rest of the demons in human flesh that walk this earth we most likely wouldn't do much to improve things.

These people, these shining examples of the depravity of the human condition, have sparked revolutionary movements away from those things we hate about ourselves as a species.

Those anti-gay people have don't more to further our cause than people like Harvey Milk, Gary Burns, Jeremy Bentham, et al. Why, by throwing into our face that that hatred is a bad thing, by doing that we all truly despise to remind us that things do need to change.

Yes hate is ugly, and yes that hatred can be horrendous, however those of us who do not hate strongly, but just enough to make minor choices that affect the lives of others such as not hiring the flamer over the straight acting boy, such as hiring the white guy over the black guy - the little, petty hatred would do so without anyone speaking out. Its the real horror shows, the really loud and dangerous hatred that reminds us all that our petty hatred is just as bad.

Yes...I can see your point when you put it that way. I would, however, need to remove the term "worthwhile" and instead file them under "If you can't be a good example you'll just have to be a horrible warning".