Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart broken, please help.
Hi there,

I'm feeling soo lost and need someone to talk to. Anyone. Any advice. Anything. If you can bear to read through all of my dirty laundry, please, tell me something, anything.

My boyfriend and I broke up a few hours ago and I'm struggling to come to terms with it. I need to make some sense out of it. This is my first relationship ever. This was his 2nd but first serious one. We've been together for a year and 7 months. We both have a lot of maturity issues.

Recently, he started working out/swimming again with coworkers/friends. In particular, one new guy ("Tom"), who he says is a lot like me, but apparently very straight. My bf is not out to his coworkers and intends to stay so.

Tom has seen my bf naked in the gym shower, and they text and make fun about each others body parts, and say things like "i'm cumming" in questionable context. I may not like it, but I understand that's how he talks to some of his buddies. That said, the only instance of me texting "im cumming" to anyone was to someone I was about to sleep with, had slept with, and or spent the night with.

Tom invites my bf over to his apt BECAUSE 'his roommate is not home'. He lives directly across from where they all work and go to swim. They all went drinking 2 weekends ago and later he invites my bf to stay over. Bf had brought extra clothes. He ignores my text and does not call like usual. He meets me the day after and is very attentive and eager to please. I tell him he's acting suspicious and guilty. He smirks. At this point I already knew he stayed downtown. I dont mind that at all. But he tells me that he didn't sleep on Tom's couch because it was too small/uncomfortable, he is 6'2. They slept in the same bed, under the same sheets. He usually sleeps nude/semi nude. He admits that Tom plus 1 other coworker really like him, as friends/coworkers (budding friendships).

He always jokes alot and teases me, way too far most of the time.

Anytime I follow up on the subject and ask in seriousness for an honest answer, he is sarcastic and says 'they slept together dozens of times, fucked every which way and he's been over there every night'.

I know in my heart, that he would never cheat on me. But it's his recurring insensitivity, selfishness, and lack of compassion that constantly disturbs me. He is Korean, 27. Two years younger than me. However, I look and act a lot younger than him.

We were apart for 1 week. We quasi made up the past few days. He searches through my phone and interrogates me about people on there (there was nothing). He refuses to let me see his phone or to show me himself if there was anything i needed to know.

He was being very kind and wonderful last night. Then he starts teasing me with Tom again. "Well, Tom let's me do this." "I love Tom" he repeats many times, he hasn't said it to me in over a month. "Tom is my new boyfriend. You're just my fuckbuddy now." I laugh it off. But I am fuming. I ignore him for a while. He gets upset and says he doesn't like me anymore and tells me to go away, pushing me out my own bed. He says, "I really will sleep with Tom now."

I come back and continue to ignore him. He's trying to placate me. Eventually he says, if I don't say anything in the next 10 seconds, that's it. It's over.

In a few minutes I'm ready to talk it out. He is not. I tell him why I was upset and ask for an apology. He does not care. He unemotionally says he's tired of it, of everything and that he is glad it's over. This is around 4am. He then goes to sleep. I try to talk to him. He says he'll leave in the morning. He proceeds to snore. I actually start crying, profusely, sobbing actually. He ignores me. I try to be discreet and leave. I come back and try to hold him.

He leaves in the morning. I'm still 'emotional' and a visible wreck. Eventually, I run after him. He ignores me while we walk to the subway. I call out to him. He's gone.

I am floored at how he is offended at me for being offended at the horrible things he's said. He has barely ever apologized for anything wrong he's done. The most I've gotten from him was "I'm sorry." after he was on grindr using the profiles as quick j/o material. And after I find out 1 year later that when we were officially together for 1 week, he had been messaging/sexting another guy and went on a date with them behind my back, 3 days after the first time we slept together. Up until these events, I had absolute trust and faith in him. We always managed to work it out. But this today was just stupid ridiculous. He is the love of my life. The odds of us finding each other were incredible. I've never loved another human being as much as I do him. I don't want to live without him. But I can.

Anyone, can you impart any advice? Share any of your experiences with me? Please. Anything...

My boyfriend and I broke up a few hours ago and I'm struggling to come to terms with it.
but apparently very straight
He ignores my text and does not call like usual
He always jokes alot and teases me, way too far most of the time
he is sarcastic and says 'they slept together dozens of times, fucked every which way and he's been over there every night'.
it's his recurring insensitivity, selfishness, and lack of compassion
He searches through my phone and interrogates me about people on there (there was nothing). He refuses to let me see his phone or to show me himself if there was anything i needed to know.
I love Tom" he repeats many times, he hasn't said it to me in over a month. "Tom is my new boyfriend. You're just my fuckbuddy now.
after I find out 1 year later that when we were officially together for 1 week, he had been messaging/sexting another guy and went on a date with them behind my back,

I have to say Tom doesn't sound straight, your bf not answering your texts says he doesn't care, sarcastic reply's usually mean your hiding something, his insenitivity, selfishnes, and lack of compassion is that new or always that way, searching your phone is trying to turn tables and make you look like the the one hiding the truth, and the last line about dating behind your back was the hand writing on the wall, don't get discouraged, there are alot of good people out there, this wasn't one of them, if he tries to come back tell him to pound sand, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Sounds like you're a lot better off without him, move on to better things.

James, OrphanPip

Thank you for your insights. It seems to be the consensus. I'm getting a better handle on it. It doesn't hurt everywhere all the time anymore. Ha. I appreciate it very much, thanks again.

Hi again. Just thought I'd check in and see how things are going.

Based on what you shared it sounds like you are better off without him. It may not seem like that now but chances are it's for the best that things didn't work out between you two. He sounded insensitive to your feelings and wasn't willing to do what it takes to make you happy. You would likely find someone else who has the same qualities that you loved about your ex but with the added decency of treating you right and being a good man to you. Someone better than what you described is out there, take the time to recover and realize what makes you a catch first Smile

I hope what I have said doesn't hurt you in any way because I only want the best for people when it comes to relationships.

*friendly hugs*

Hi Vigilias, NerdyGiant23

It's been a day. Its still feeling raw and everything is up and down. I went on an aimless walk last night. After reading your words of support, I could actually smile and there was a sense of relief. And then all I want to do is see his face. But, I woke up and internally, I could actually refer to him and us in the past tense.
NerdyGiant23, the way he treated me now is worlds apart from when we first met. Having been soo burned and poorly treated, I can't help but have thoughts of revenge or have some sort of justice be done. Is this normal? How can he just get away with it? Karma doesn't seem all that practical or timely. I need to find the strength and will to make a change for the better. Thank you guys soo much. I hope everyone is doing well. It's a new day. Cheers

take a break; dont think about your bf all day today. serious!!

after today (not thinking about him at all) take a solemn vow to talk to him with the utmost care. Think it through before saying it. Otherwise dont say anything, walk out of the room. Pick up the pieces and or push it to the curb another day.

Comicbooktatt2 Wrote:Hi Vigilias, NerdyGiant23

It's been a day. Its still feeling raw and everything is up and down. I went on an aimless walk last night. After reading your words of support, I could actually smile and there was a sense of relief. And then all I want to do is see his face. But, I woke up and internally, I could actually refer to him and us in the past tense.
NerdyGiant23, the way he treated me now is worlds apart from when we first met. Having been soo burned and poorly treated, I can't help but have thoughts of revenge or have some sort of justice be done. Is this normal? How can he just get away with it? Karma doesn't seem all that practical or timely. I need to find the strength and will to make a change for the better. Thank you guys soo much. I hope everyone is doing well. It's a new day. Cheers

You need to stay busy. Keep your mind occupied until you work through all the steps of the "grieving process" (denial, anger, etc...do a Google search).

You're obviously angry now. "Anger is unexpressed hurt." You're doing a good job of expressing it here. Keep working at it, maybe with a journal.

Finally, THE BEST REVENGE....is living well.
Have a wonderful, happy, rewarding, productive life WITHOUT him.

Smile

LateBloomer Wrote:Finally, THE BEST REVENGE....is living well.
Have a wonderful, happy, rewarding, productive life WITHOUT him.

Smile

I couldn't agree more with this.