Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heinz advert pulled of the air
The Heinz advert advertizing their new Mayo sauce has been pulled off the air after receiving HUNDREDS of complaints over a kiss between two men (A new york Deli men and the customer), the kiss wasn't intentionally meant as a 'gay kiss', but instead living up to the stereotypes of people.
The advert has been deemed as unacceptable for children as well as disgusting.

Heinz 'male kiss' ad draws hundreds of complaints | Media | guardian.co.uk

EDIT Here is a more up-to-date article (posted 9 hours ago) Heinz pulls British ad with men kissing - World business - MSNBC.com

Hyde Wrote:The advert has been deemed as unacceptable for children as well as disgusting.

Ridiculous !!!!

Hyde Wrote:The Heinz advert advertizing their new Mayo sauce has been pulled off the air after receiving HUNDREDS of complaints over a kiss between two men (A new york Deli men and the customer), the kiss wasn't intentionally meant as a 'gay kiss', but instead living up to the stereotypes of people.

EDIT Here is a more up-to-date article (posted 9 hours ago) Heinz pulls British ad with men kissing - World business - MSNBC.com

That is really odd when you think that the kiss between Jake and Heath in Brokeback Mountain has been judged the best cinema kiss in years (1st position!!!) in a poll recently taken.... How modern (and tolerant) is our society, really???

P.S. Great YouTube, lol... love it!

I suspect the complaints have come from people who'd rather we didn't exist under any circumstances. Nothing would be acceptable for them.

That they think it is unacceptable for children is irrelevant anyway, since the kind of food it is advertising is not allowed to be advertised during peak viewing times for children.

Strange that normalising images of other family arrangements are so threatening to some people. I would have thought it would have been quite healthy viewing. Despite the stereotyping it is mildly amusing.

ps I've just noticed that the ad attracted 205 complaints. Within twelve hours the following petition to have it reinstated has attracted well over a thousand signatures

http://www.petitiononline.com/heinz/petition.html

I make that Gays 6 - Bigots 1 Wink

I suppose you could see it being homophobic if Hienz pulled it after just 200 calls.

Nice to Paul Grant !!

Over 6000 signatures on that petition now!

marshlander Wrote:ps I've just noticed that the ad attracted 205 complaints. Within twelve hours the following petition to have it reinstated has attracted well over a thousand signatures

http://www.petitiononline.com/heinz/petition.html

I make that Gays 6 - Bigots 1 Wink

now over 7000 signatures.. I signed it... then literally minutes after, my name was disappearing fast down the page!!

Hyde Wrote:The Heinz advert advertizing their new Mayo sauce has been pulled off the air after receiving HUNDREDS of complaints over a kiss between two men (A new york Deli men and the customer), the kiss wasn't intentionally meant as a 'gay kiss', but instead living up to the stereotypes of people.

This ad was especially hurtful because the Heinz company of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania is owned by Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of Senator John Kerry, the 2004 Democrat candidate for President of the United States.

Jim Wrote:This ad was especially hurtful because the Heinz company of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania is owned by Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of Senator John Kerry, the 2004 Democrat candidate for President of the United States.

Hurtful to whom, Jim? To Heinz shareholders?