Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heinz advert pulled of the air
Jim Wrote:... There is a feeling over here that Bush might bomb the living hell out of Iran before he departs the presidency in January.

What are you hearing over there?
Are you serious? Is that the president's decision alone? I believe Gordon Brown has been making moves to hand back to the cabinet some of the executive powers Tony Blair kept to himself. At least we'd need a bunch of mad people rather than just one lunatic to make such a decision.

GB, though, has rather a lot to be thinking about on the domestic front at present, not least proving he can do a convincing job as PM.

Star Twister Wrote:My friend got the same email and has replied to it complaining further.

I don't think anything further will happen

I replied further to that email as well. Whether anything happens or not...?

princealbertofb Wrote:Uh-oh, WouldLikes.... that, to me, is almost more insulting than the withdrawal of the ad. That's a laugh, this corporate e-mail is ridiculous in the extreme. If you read between the lines they are apologising about having offended us (they have not) and where's the respect of our rights and values here???? I mean by values, they mean that gays are not entitled to live happily as a family, eh? Stupid cows!!! :mad:

Her name ought to be Liz PitsCock

Yep.. it's a blatant 'I haven't actually read your email, all I saw was its about the pulled ad so I shall paste in the pre-written bullshit and send it off'. And my reply mentioned the fact that us gays were not offended until AFTER they pulled it because of just over 200 narrow minded twats. Then linked them to the petition with umpteen thousand signatures.

Apparently they will not be reissuing the advert

I have just had a look on Heinz's website and came across this

Quote:Diversity One very important ingredient in the Heinz family of products is Diversity.
Diversity is recognizing and understanding the differences in culture, beliefs, and values each of us brings to the workplace.
At Heinz, we strive to encourage and foster a global workforce where all employees are valued and respected. It is this skilled and talented workforce that enables Heinz to realize its full potential and to be more responsive to the needs of our customers.
Diversity is a key ingredient in achieving future successes with employees, customers and suppliers at Heinz.

Interesting

Confusedmile:

http://www.heinz.com/Diversity.aspx

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:I replied further to that email as well. Whether anything happens or not...?

Yep.. it's a blatant 'I haven't actually read your email, all I saw was its about the pulled ad so I shall paste in the pre-written bullshit and send it off'. And my reply mentioned the fact that us gays were not offended until AFTER they pulled it because of just over 200 narrow minded twats. Then linked them to the petition with umpteen thousand signatures.

Well done, WouldLikes... baby.

Star Twister Wrote:Apparently they will not be reissuing the advert

Diversity One very important ingredient in the Heinz family of products is Diversity.
Diversity is recognizing and understanding the differences in culture, beliefs, and values each of us brings to the workplace.
At Heinz, we strive to encourage and foster a global workforce where all employees are valued and respected. It is this skilled and talented workforce that enables Heinz to realize its full potential and to be more responsive to the needs of our customers.
Diversity is a key ingredient in achieving future successes with employees, customers and suppliers at Heinz.

Interesting

Confusedmile:

So that would make gay men the 58th variety then Rolleyes

Star Twister Wrote:Apparently they will not be reissuing the advert

Interesting

Confusedmile:

And complete 'langue de bois', ie PC bullshit!!!

Well I sent them an email via there website:
"Hi there,
Just to let you know that my family will no longer buy "Heinz" products.
I am appalled at the way you have handled the whole Deli Mayo advert affair, you have offended so many “Straight and Gay” people by your actions not to reinstate the advert because you got a couple of hundred complaints. Surely it would have been better to address those few complaints rather than take the easy way out and pull the advert.
I shall also be advising my extended family and friends not to purchase your products.
It’s a real shame as you claim to “encourage and foster a global workforce where all employees are valued and respected” Diversity my foot.
Regards
Jamie W"

Star Twister Wrote:Well I sent them an email via there website:
"Hi there,
Just to let you know that my family will no longer buy "Heinz" products.
I am appalled at the way you have handled the whole Deli Mayo advert affair, you have offended so many “Straight and Gay” people by your actions not to reinstate the advert because you got a couple of hundred complaints. Surely it would have been better to address those few complaints rather than take the easy way out and pull the advert.
I shall also be advising my extended family and friends not to purchase your products.
It’s a real shame as you claim to “encourage and foster a global workforce where all employees are valued and respected” Diversity my foot.
Regards
Jamie W"

Wow, Star, can I copy your letter?????? It's to the point. Confusedmile:

princealbertofb Wrote:Wow, Star, can I copy your letter?????? It's to the point. Confusedmile:

Of course you can

XXX