Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
axle2152 Wrote:Well I consider myself gay, but I have had my bouts with confusion, that it might be possible that I could be bi. I actually moved to NC from Ohio about 12 years ago. It was a transition for sure. I haven't had grits, everyone in my family says they're gross, so kind of turned me off to those; and yes they have them here.

I am out to my parents. I am out to my closer friends, I'm cool with people knowing, but I tend to keep my personal life out of my business life.

This is common, and for the most part (depending on the state you live in/line of work) is very wise. Employers are supposed to be "equal opportunity" where I live, but there is still room for discrimination within those parameters, for example, not getting raises that reflect your work or being given more daunting projects intended to cause you to fail.

I've become quite practiced in redirecting conversations away from personal details.

All employers are supposed to be Equal Opportunity, and they really aren't. Businesses generally speaking are going to try to find the cheapest labor for what they can get, but a lot of religious freaks own businesses and have it out on gay people and it's so ridiculous, like the whole Chik-Fil-A thing.

I'm actually self-employed so I don't have to worry so much, I just don't go around telling all my customers about it, not their business, and they probably could care less, they just want their computer to work.

axle2152 Wrote:I used to work in a computer store for about 5 years, relationship with the owner became heated and I left and trying to start my own business. I'm afraid I'm not making quite enough money doing it

^^ Naked Computer Repairs and home calls^^

Money winner right there Firedevil

Rofl

Oh and Welcome to the forum by the way Smile

ObW
x

Welcome to GS. The chatroom is awesome btw

OlderButWiser Wrote:^^ Naked Computer Repairs and home calls^^

Money winner right there Firedevil

Rofl

Oh and Welcome to the forum by the way Smile

ObW