Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirituality
Hello guys!

I am just wondering if I could talk to like minded guys who are interested in spirituality.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

What would you like to talk about Spirituality? It is a broad subject Confusedmile:

Indeed,spotysocks.I'm religious does that translate into being spiritual?

Being spiritual is not the same as being religious.

Spirituality is the faith in God, religion is the clothes of spirituality which at the end of the day is just clothes, with not to mention public money and generous tax breaks. Wink

Hugo Boss Wrote:Being spiritual is not the same as being religious.

What do you think is the difference? Imo there is spirituality to religion, and is meant to be but while spirituality suppose to unite people (that we are ONE) , religion plays with the concept of sin promises Hell and discriminates against some groups (the non believers, homosexuals ect). Highlights the differences rather the similarities. However there are different kind of religious people some are absorbed from the theological part of it and follow the scripts some others are drawn more to the spiritual side of it and just feel the love through their soul.

Quote: Spirituality is the faith in God, religion is the clothes of spirituality which at the end of the day is just clothes, with not to mention public money and generous tax breaks. Wink
hehe couldn't agree more :biggrin:

I believe that everyone of us, our souls are the creation of God*. Just imagine why 6.5 billion people are looking for the same thing which is LOVE. The answer because once we were part of the big SOUL.
The other thing is about religion. The main problem that it creates separation between people rather than unity. It says that my God is better than yours. What is that? All the religions are talking about the same thing without realizing it.

*- I don't really like using the word God because it creates separation as well. I would use Creator, Universal force.

accos Wrote:I believe that everyone of us, our souls are the creation of God*. Just imagine why 6.5 billion people are looking for the same thing which is LOVE. The answer because once we were part of the big SOUL.
The other thing is about religion. The main problem that it creates separation between people rather than unity. It says that my God is better than yours. What is that? All the religions are talking about the same thing without realizing it.

*- I don't really like using the word God because it creates separation as well. I would use Creator, Universal force.

Hey accos, great to have you onboard... really "LOVE" your philosophy and couldnt agree more. Sad how some/many close off their connection to the big SOUL... very sad

please keep posting away...

A definition from the dictionary...
spiritual adj
1 belonging, referring or relating to the spirit or soul rather than to the body or to physical things.
2 belonging, referring or relating to religion; sacred, holy or divine o a spiritual leader.
3 a belonging, referring or relating to, or arising from, the mind or intellect;
b highly refined in thought, feelings, etc.
4 belonging, referring or relating to spirits, ghosts, etc o the spiritual world.
noun (also Negro spiritual) a type of religious song that is characterized by voice harmonies and which developed from the communal singing traditions of Black people in the southern states of the USA.
spirituality noun.

From definition 2, we can see that spirituality can be related to religion, but that doesn't mean that religion and spirituality are the same concept.

religion noun
1 a belief in, or the worship of, a god or gods.
2 a particular system of belief or worship, such as Christianity or Judaism.
3 colloq anything to which one is totally devoted and which rules one's life / mountaineering is his religion.
4 the monastic way of life.
[12c: French, from Latin religio bond or obligation, etc, from ligare to bind.]

Interesting to see that "re-ligion" like "ob-ligation" are both ideas about being bound to something. ( a set of ideas, dogma, a church etc...)

Hey Accos! welcome to the site, spirituality is very interesting