Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello..... From the Closet Corner
ClosetCase Wrote:I think I am to the point where I accept the fact that I am gay with myself. I just have to get over the feeling of "its not your business who I would rather have in bed." Idk... Maybe I am to private but I think a lot of personal stuff is shared when it shouldn't be.
What "should" or "shouldn't" be shared... IDK. What I do know is it really IS NOT any one else's business what I do or with whom I do it. I can choose to share that if and when I feel it is appropriate.

However, all that said, I do believe that living OUT is, in general, a far more satisfying way to live than to PRETEND to be something I'm not. That doesn't mean I have to fart rainbows. What it does mean is that I can have the courage of my own convictions. That I can trust that what I feel is as valid as what anyone else feels. I can believe that my desire to consensually pleasure and be pleasured by other men has no moral or ethical consequences. Etc. I don't have to be "proud" of the fact I'm a homosexual; but that doesn't mean I have to be ashamed of it either. It's just a fact. One I'm quite happy with. Everyone else's opinion about it is just that, their opinion. So long as they don' try to force their opinions on me, we'll get along just fine.

Welcome to the forum.

Agreed. But that doesn't take away the fact that the people in my life that find out I am gay will see as more than that. When they are blinded by that fact and only focus on it is when I see them leaving. Which is really sad because I think I live the perfect life. I have been blessed and have amazing people always there for me. While I don't feel any pressure at all to come out (because I think that is for me only to see) I do toss the idea around in my head. Looking back over the years, I can not remember a time I ever felt horrible for being gay. Yes I felt confused and had to make my peace with the fact, which I have now, but I still say life is perfect and when do I through that all away? Probably when I finally have kids and need a man to raise them with lol! Yes, I think everyone in my life would stay now that I have left my previous job, but again why throw away perfection and my happiness? You may. Think I am a freak now, but this is what runs through my head lol! Thank you for the input and the welcome. Please do not read any of this as me being angry. I am simply playing devils advocate while giving you my thoughts into the situation. I LOVE this type of dialogue and find it is the most intellectual and beneficial. With that being said I really do weight all of the options given to me on this forum!