Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello !
Oui oui bon soir madame

Quote:Oui oui bon soir madame

Bonsoir Monsieur Wink

marshlander Wrote:We'd be happy to meet you too if you are there Smile
I'm not sure to be in Lyon in August, but let me know when you come, I'd be pleased to meet you if I'm there !

I'll probably spend my year in the UK if I have the opportunity. It would be a shame not to enjoy it - and as you said, it's the best time to do it. And it's possible that the UK 'll be nearer my girlfriend's town than Brest is :biggrin:
But I need to find an internship, and it isn't easy ! However it's not for now, so I'll worry about it later ^^

How did you meet each other ? (If it isn't too indiscreet, of course Confusedmile: )
I wonder if I could be with someone who speaks an other language ..

Mashiro Wrote:... How did you meet each other ? (If it isn't too indiscreet, of course Confusedmile: )
I wonder if I could be with someone who speaks an other language ..
Haha Wink No, I think I can tell this one, at the risk of boring everyone who's already heard the tale.

PA and I used to contribute to discussions on another gay website. We were both looking for some kind of information, affirmation and advice I suppose. Instead of that, we found each other. He wrote me an e-mail following up something I said in one of the discussions and we became pen (or should be "keyboard"?) friends. We wrote to each other nearly every day for several months.

I was going through a difficult time and he invited me to visit for a change of scenery. It certainly was a change. We spent a day In Geneva where they were celebrating the 400th anniversary of pouring vegetable soup on the Duke of Savoie ... :eek: and we danced in the street to a steel band from Zurich. It wasn't love at first sight, but we had a lovely few hours together. Four months later life at home reached a very bad state. I realised I was hurtling into another suicidal depression and I had to get out. One day, after being deprived of sleep for five days, I packed a few things and sought sanctuary at the home of my recently widowed father. PA was incredibly supportive and practical and invited me for another visit, so I went over for the second time the following week. This time I spent a few days with him. The last thing I wanted or needed was to go into another relationship, but we don't always get what we want, I'm pleased to say Confusedmile:

After a couple of years of not really knowing when we would able to be together I decided that I would not take any work bookings for a week each month and make sure that I was in France during that time and whatever other time I could manage as well. That's what I've been doing for the past few years.

The language difference is not an issue for us, since PA is fluent in a few languages and utterly capable in several more. He was brought up bilingually in French and English and consequently speaks English better than most English people I know. The only disadvantage of this is that it has made me very lazy about learning to speak French.

marshlander Wrote:He was brought up bilingually in French and English and consequently speaks English better than most English people I know.

I agree that he speaks English very well. I find it rather annoying when a Frenchman is able to correct my use of my language.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I agree that he speaks English very well. I find it rather annoying when a Frenchman is able to correct my use of my language.
I know ... bloody pain innit Wink

Friends think I'm lying about him being French when they hear him speak.

(Thanks for answering, I guess you've already told the tale a lot ^^. But when I'll be more familiar with GS, I'll search before asking, I promise ! I know it's often boring to tell a story again and again Confusedmile: )

It's a nice story, I mean it's something important to find someone who can be supportive when you need it. And taking the time of knowing if you can be in a relationship or not...

Regarding the bilingualism, it's an asset I wish my parents gave me. It can be so useful ! But with 2 French parents, it's difficult :biggrin:

Mashiro Wrote:... Regarding the bilingualism, it's an asset I wish my parents gave me. It can be so useful ! But with 2 French parents, it's difficult :biggrin:
I've only ever met one family with both parents of the same nationality where that has happened. Two English friends of mine, living in England, had a daughter and her father only ever spoke to her in French (although she generally answered in English). I will never forget an amazing car journey to a gig we were doing in Norwich where he was speaking English to me, Spanish to a Mexican friend and French to his daughter and maintaining a flow of conversation. Nowadays this seems quite normal chez PA and marshlander Wink