Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello... ;)
Hello and Welcome to GaySpeak Vikta, I think you have already found your way around here... Tell us more about your work in Fidji? It sounds interesting... Did you get to choose where you went with the Peace Corps?

Thanks princealbertofb! I am finding my way around Wink I'm an environmental resource management volunteer in Fiji... so i'll be living in Fiji for the next 2 years working with villagers on sustainable environmental projects.... and no, i actually didn't get to choose where i was placed... Smile each volunteer is sent to a place where their skills are needed most.

I've been here for about 3 months now, and something I was least prepared for were the less than discreet advances of women. As amusing as that may sound, i'm concerned it may be a problem for me in the future. I understood before coming here that if I wanted to be an effective volunteer, being out wasn't going to be an option. A large part of being a Peace Corps Volunteer is integrating into the community/village, so we spent the first several weeks with host families learning the language and culture. Homosexuality in Fiji reminds of the U.S. military's policy of Don't Ask Don't Tell... so long as it isn't acknowledged it doesn't exist...

Anyhow, as i mentioned earlier, i'm glad i stumbled upon this forum!

Vikta Wrote:... as i mentioned earlier, i'm glad i stumbled upon this forum!
Dear me, it sounds like you may be needing it Wink