Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi my name is Stephen and im a 17 year old from Northern England, i've been out to my friends for over 6 months and after making some mistakes before im finally ready to put this behind me and move on with my life.

Actually, that was back in September but i've been having troubles getting comfortable with my sexuality and getting some confidence. It took me all this time before I finally signed up to a gay website but im still worried about being exploited or rejected and im just naturally shy.

So im looking for people who've been through it and came out smiling or people who are going through it. The ultimate goal of course is to meet a nice guy on the net but I need to get over my anxiousness and stuff first.

So Hi, nice to meet you all. My hobbies include film directing and poetry so im a creative sort of person.

Hello,
I know what its like to be shy. I am a major introvert, so I have a hard time dealing with anyone, even online. I have only in the past year really started to join gay websites, whether just to chat or to find dates. After awhile the anxiety will go away.
I was going to be a film director, but I found another calling I'm afraid Tongue, though I still haven't given up on it yet.
Enjoy yourself here.

Welcome .. I wish I had been "out" at 17

good luck to you!

Welcome Stephen! You ll like it here ,i think you will find people who share your situation in one way or another. Congrats for deciding to face the truth of your sexuality soon, it took me a lot longer than that and i think you ll see the long term benefits later in life.

nice to meet you stephen and welcome to the forums! Xyxwave

well, i can say i feel related to what you say! as i'm going through a similar patch, you may read my introduction post http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390
i came out to my parents four months ago, it was hard first, obviously, but things were better with time. jut be optimistic and above all else patient and things will go fairly well! =)

Hi Stephen and welcome to a very nice group.

Yes, you are very brave to come out so young - good for you! As you get more comfortable and more open about it all and gain some friends you will find yourself a very satisfied person.

I also wanted to be a film maker and did a self design major in film studies. So that makes three of us.

What are your favorite films?

frank

Hi Stephen, and welcome to Gayspeak !

There's nothing wrong with being shy - I was terminally shy when I was your age, and I didn't start coming out until I was 21, even though I'd known I was gay since the age of 6 !! TALK about a late bloomer eh !! Wink.

At this stage I'd suggest you take your time, settle in on the boards, pop a few posts in here and there and voice your opinion - there are considerably more members on the site than posters on the boards, so it would good to hear what you think of the things we're discussing, and it might help to bring you out of your shell a bit Confusedmile:.

All the lads that use the boards are really sound, so nobody's going to bite you Wink.

Welcome Bighug xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Hey Stephen and welcome!

shadow Wrote:All the lads that use the boards are really sound, so nobody's going to bite you Wink.

Welcome Bighug xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

well unless you want us to bite lolWink

My favorate film is propable A Clockwork Orange, Im weird like that.