Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
My name is David, I live in Arizona, and I am gay. I have only been out for about two and a half years.

I was so deep in the closet years ago, that I actually married a woman. I was miserable. One day, about three years into our marriage, she asked me point blank if I was gay. I told the truth. She told me she already knew, and had known for a while. She then dropped the bombshell that she was pregnant, and yes, it was mine.

We discussed our options, and decided that if she weren't pregnant, we would have stayed together, lived a lie. But we couldn't raise children in a lie, a sham marriage, so we divorced. Both of us are much happier and healthier now.

I am the proud father of twin daughters, who will be two in March. When they are older, I will explain to them their father's "situation". If they hate me, I'll understand. But I hope and pray they understand.

I'll add more later.

G Day David and welcome to Gayspeak Wink

Hello David , welcome.Wavey
Make yourself at home.
[Image: welcome.jpg]

Welcome to the forum David, hope to see many postings from you????
WelcomeWelcomeWelcome

Welcome to Gayspeak, Cunobelin.

I think the way your ex-wife and you handle the situation is admirable. Also remarkable. Both of you managed to sort the whole thing maturely. This is rare. I applaud.

Again, welcome to Gayspeak!

Thank you all for the welcoming!

Jay Wrote:Welcome to Gayspeak, Cunobelin.

I think the way your ex-wife and you handle the situation is admirable. Also remarkable. Both of you managed to sort the whole thing maturely. This is rare. I applaud.

Again, welcome to Gayspeak!

Yes, thank you. I was terrified that she would "freak out", become enraged. Instead she was somewhat understanding, explaining that she had known for a while but didn't want to admit it.

I have split custody of my daughters. I have them every Friday evening until Sunday morning, when their mother picks them up for church. Also their mother ecently started taking business classes on Tuesday and Thursday, so I have the girls on those evenings as well.

hello and welcome to the forum.
My partner has a 15 year old son and when he found out his dad was gay he told all his friends and said how proud he is to have a dad whos gay and a mum whos straight... I dont think your daughters would be mad as long as you explain whats what for em

Kindest regards

zeon x

zeon Wrote:hello and welcome to the forum.
My partner has a 15 year old son and when he found out his dad was gay he told all his friends and said how proud he is to have a dad whos gay and a mum whos straight... I dont think your daughters would be mad as long as you explain whats what for em

Kindest regards

zeon x

Thank you. Yes, it is just one of my fears, that they will be angry with me, angry that I lied to their mother, or angry that I didn't just one day "snap out of it" and become straight. I don't know, just fear. Chances are, though, that they will be accepting.

welcome to gayspeak mate, im sure other will tell you about children they have as well Zeon has, children are amazing at accepting things , predudice views only come with outside influence really - im sure from when they are told that they will be happy as its all they know as a family unit anyway, you've found a great place to chat about your family and personal life on here anyway buddy - hope to see u posting more , bye for now

matty7 Wrote:welcome to gayspeak mate, im sure other will tell you about children they have as well Zeon has, children are amazing at accepting things , predudice views only come with outside influence really - im sure from when they are told that they will be happy as its all they know as a family unit anyway, you've found a great place to chat about your family and personal life on here anyway buddy - hope to see u posting more , bye for now

Thank you very much!