Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone
PurpleHusky Wrote:I really don't know how they might take it. Every time I think about it a sort of chill goes down my spine. Although I have been working on getting my courage up to tell them. I have also thought of of a few ways ranging from taking them out to eat to some kind of media presentation. I have actually finished the media presentation, but I'm not sure if I'll use it.
I'm not an expert on anything, but taking them out to eat is not the way I would do it. It's a nice gesture, but I think they will probably appreciate finding out in the privacy of their house.

It's also safer for you. Also, when I came out to my parents, I was in constant communication with an adult friend who could help me out if need be.

Just some ideas!

Hi Aaron welcome to the forum, and there's nothing wrong in still being in the closet.

Welcome

Tyke Wrote:Also, when I came out to my parents, I was in constant communication with an adult friend who could help me out if need be.

I wish I had a friend like that which could help me when I go to come out to them. I know right now I still feel apprehensive coming out to them this week and knowing that I will be doing it alone makes that feeling a little worse..

Hi Aaron Welcome

WelcomeWelcome

Thanks of the welcomes all and the support. I'll inform everyone the reaction Thursday night after I inform them.

Hello, welcome to the forum and all the best for 2012.

Hello! I am new here two and a bit older than you but I have the same new years resultioin. I am working on telling my parents and I have done the same things. A long Letter that I am not sure I am going to use or not. I was thinking of telling them in person then giving them the letter that gives them some of the history and stuggles I have gone through to get to where I am on that day.... I dont know.. GOOD LUCK I know how you feel. makes me sick to my stomach to even thing about "the talk" with them.....