Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Forum
Hello!

This community seems like a really cool place. I’ve been doing a lot of reading of the conversations that people have here and for the most part is seems like a pretty supportive and awesome group of guys.

I’m Aaron. 23 years old. I live in Minneapolis, MN. Originally from MN and was raised in the burbs. I have a lot of love for my home state however, I would like to move one day in the future. Before I am 30. The two things that keep me tied down here: first, my career; I landed an awesome job with Target headquarters in design before I even finished my undergrad degree. Second, college. I am still trucking through it and I will be done in the next 2.5 years. Post-graduation I plan on seeking out a new state to call home.

I have two amazing parents. They adopted me when I was not even a year old. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be the man who I am today. I’ve learned hardwork, commitment, and ambition.

My three passions in life are as follows:
1. career
2. art and design
3. love

This may sound silly to some, but I joined this forum to meet other young professionals or just young people in general, like myself, who see the world differently. As a young gay man, I feel like it’s really hard to meet other individuals like myself who are not only afraid of commitment but monogamous commitment. I think growing up with two parents who have been happily married for 20+ years has really made me want to work toward building something like that with someone else. I believe that dedication is what it takes to maintain a long lasting relationship. It’s taken me awhile to be okay with saying it out loud, but I am looking to fall in love.

My ideal partner would be someone who is handsome, hardworking and goal oriented, has morals and values, is kind, and is confident.

Now that I have talked about the GUSHY stuff.. let me briefly fill you guys in on what sorta things I do to fill my time.
Rock climing, biking, bikram yoga. I love food so restaurants are always something I enjoy. DIY projects, photography, and I love traveling when I can afford it and have vacation time.

I am a very open and welcoming individual so if you'd like to chat and get to know each other reach out!

Welcome to the Forum. I wish you luck in your quest. There are very many nice people here and you may luck out.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hello there and welcome to GS Wavey I loved your great intro, looking toward reading your future posts Wink

Hey Aaron!

I agree with you about the community here. I really value their insights as well as their openmindedness. Having been to a couple other gay forums before this one, I can tell you it's seriously refreshing, yeah?

Mraaronlb Wrote:As a young gay man, I feel like it’s really hard to meet other individuals like myself who are not only afraid of commitment but monogamous commitment.

I agree with you here, although I kind of wonder if it's not just the gay community that has this problem. That said, I can admit that, until I met Gideon, I was one of those "other guys" and had absolutely no intention of changing.

Sometimes, it just boils down to meeting the right person. Smile I think it's great that you know what you want so early in life, and really admirable.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts! Welcome to GS.

Hey, great intro, and welcome. There are lots of great people on GS, so feel free to ask/inquire away!

Nice to meet you Aaron, very nice first post and congrats on 2 loving parents who have help shape you with good values and ambition - out of your hobbies im a keen mountain biker but as for rock climbing I would probably pass out if I tried as heights scare the bejesus out of me...welcome to GS

welcome to the forum!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to GS!!

You almost sound TOO well rounded to be here!?!? Wink (just kidding!!! ... kinda.)

Hi Aaron! Hello Nice to meet you! Welcome to GS!

Hi Aaron Welcome
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>