Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! New person here :)
Welcome Smile

Tulloni Wrote:Bienvenue Expat! Welcome to Gayspeak from the motherland! I wish I had more opportunities to work abroad. What's it like over there in Bruxelles? nice place? I was there 2 years ago. It seemed like a nice, cultured city, great cuisine but to be honest I couldn't find much to do there - maybe I was missing something?

Well anyway welcome aboard!

Brussels is actually.....well...*I* like it. I really do. To be honest I don't think you missed very much - there isn't an awful lot to for tourists and visitors, but it is a really good place to live. Rents are very cheap, the place is very international, lots of different types of restaurants for example, if that's important to you (it is to me!)
The downside is lots of expats so you tend to find LOADS of people coming and going, you find yourself constantly reinventing the social circle because people are here for 2 or 3 yrs, then they go back to their home countries.
Also the gay scene is pretty limited....I don't really have many gay friends here, other than people who are coupled up. Of course, if I wasn't quite so ugly it might help (thanks Mum and Dad for giving me the crap gene pool LOL)....

ExpatBrit77 Wrote:The downside is lots of expats .

Yeah I bet they say the same about you expat! :p

partis Wrote:Yeah I bet they say the same about you expat! :p

Cheeky git. I believe that's what celebrities call being quoted out of context! Wink
I meant that expats tend to come and go - I've been here for seven years already and not planning to leave Smile