Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Pansexual (and everyone else)...I have a question for YOU
SO yeah, I have been noticing some argument in my life over the definition of pansexual. According to my pansexual boyfriend a pansexual is a person attracted to all genders, including transsexuals and those outside the gender binary.

However there are quite a few people I have met who VERY PASSIONATELY feel that pansexual means your are attracted to a person for the personality. Apparently some people who say they are pansexual use this definition which to my understanding is actually demisexual or at least closer to it.

I have been told that attraction to all gender identities is bisexual which makes literally no sense because bi=two and there are in fact more than two gender identities although I know that we didn't always know that so bisexual was the all encompassing term at one point and I can appreciate that people still use it as such but that's not what's sparking argument in my club.

I'm curious to see what other people's understanding of pansexual is...particularly those who are pansexual.

Hey Spencer....
Hmmmm, unusual topic... I have a pansexual friend. And yes, I don't believe she is sexually attracted to pans... So many people think that.... It is quite hurtful when they say that to her, However, they haven't heard of pansexual before, so what else are they meant to think?
Anyway.... Just my opinion.... but isn't gender.... Male or Female... meaning that gender is only two, Gender is the difference between the physical side of the male and female bodies..... However Sexuality and gender identity is a whole other matter... These are what you are on the inside, who you are and who you see yerself as. My understanding to pansexuals is that they don't have a specific "type" so to speak... gender, sexuality, gender identity, doesn't matter... they are attracted to no one, yet attracted to everyone, no matter their differences... I don't know if I have explained that right... I hope you have gotten the gist as to what I'm trying to put across.
Pup, xx

I agree with the definition used by your boyfriend.

I agree with your definition, but i think your boyfriends definition is a good explanation of it too, and also, It would be nice if the admins would add a pansexual option to your profile bioRolleyes :biggrin:

Pansexual is all-encompassing so I agree with your boyfriend.

I am pansexual and I agree with your boyfriend.