Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello:) Should I start a relationship with a guy when I think about someone else?
Hey guys and gals,
Im seeing someone (Jim) new right now who I met at a LGBT Youth meeting thingy, we hit it off and we met a few times after and were getting on well and I just know that the "Will you be my boyfriend? " will pop up between us one of these days. To be completely honest, I do like him but not as much as I thought I would. But dont get me wrong I do love spending time with him.
But the problem is that theres this other guy (Bob) in my class who I am intoxicated with to say the least, I dont know him well, only on a first name basis but we have the same friends a few classes together and we get I might not get totally blown off if I do make a move if ever I do. I dont think he takes much intrest in me right now because when I first had feelings for him, I acted really hostile with him as I just wanted the feelings to go away, thinking that it might change something but no I still like him ALOT. Its hard to strike a conversation with him because he seems so laid back that he looks stoned 24/7 :tongue:. And dont know if I should pursue Bob because I do like him more but I already got a thing going on with Jim aand I want to stay with Jim but how can I when My thoughts are on Bob? :confused: Thanks for reading Smile

Luke, it's alright to have your heart placed in two places at once. It seems to me that you could have a good friendship with Jim, maybe he's just not boyfriend material... However if you don't attempt something with Bob, you'll never really know if you would be boyfriend material for him... by the way, do you know if Bob is interested in boys???? That's the question I would worry about first. As for Jim, if he's sufficiently happy with your relationship at the moment, you could remain friends for life... So take each step at a time and see how everything develops over time. No need to rush anything, is there?
Take care, Luke... Confusedmile:

be honest with everyone inc your self

Thanks Prince for the reply, Dude your like my Yoda Tongue
Well Bob's Facebokk profile says hes intrested in both men and women and another incident was in class when the teacher was ramblingRolleyes and she talked about getting scam mail on the internet and Bob said "Miss, I always get scam mail from an asian dating site!" We all had a bit of a laugh at that and another guy in my class said to him "Maybe thats what turned you..." in a pure friendly joke sort of way. So I think that might be all I hafto go with if I think he isnt straight. Thing is, he dosnt act gay, no where near it in fact, but Iv never heard of him getting with a girl and that news would get around in my small town Tongue

Hi Luke ,
Deep inside you and only you know how you feel.
Try this , ask yourself this ,can you commit to this person 100%.
Relationships are a lot of work, and if you heart is not in it all the way, things may fall apart .

Take care Luke.
Here for you
Bighug

Dont get with anyone if u are tempted by another
be happy and single
tell the guy u aint ready to be commited

I was exactly in your position sometime back. I would suggest commit ONLY if you are ready for it and can give your 100% to it. If you have the slightest of the doubt, then dont move ahead at all. I understand, somewhere inside your heart you think that you want to, but, honestly, it is not going to work.