Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello all
"James" here...i'm unsure of my sexuality at the moment. I am increasingly attracted to men but also to women. I grew up in a very strict, religious household, so I am not very accustomed to sex, so i don't have any experience to decide my orientation yet. I am just attracted to both. I have a bit more experience with men actually, to be honest. Anyhow, I'm in my early 20's (finishing college), and still kind of living on my parents' dime. If i came out, i probably be kicked out...my mom kind of rules the house and she's of the "GAYS WILL DESTROY THE WORLD" camp. So yeah...coming out right now is just really impractical...also not sure if i'm ready to make that step yet...don't know enough about myself yet. I googled "Gay Forums" one night to try to find a community i could communicate with in anonymity, and ended up here.

Confused and uncertain,
James

Welcome James. You picked a great forum to be apart of there are many wonderful people here who can help give advice. I understand your situation with your parents mine are the same way about gays. But they know I am gay but refuse to believe it. If you ever want to talk send me a PM

Also welcome to GS. Smile so great to have you here.

heyhey , welcome

Welcome to the forum James.

Your situation isn't as uncommon as you may think, yes, even in this day and age, so don't get too hung up about it.

The important thing is that you're comfortable with who you are, and allow your sexuality to develop in whatever direction it takes you. No need to keep parents/mum unto date with your sexual adventures ;-)

Feel free to ask or contribute to any conversation threads you see on here.

ObW
X

Hello Jamie! It's pleasure to have you at GS! This is an awesome forum with a lot of interesting discussions!

Hello James, and Welcome to GaySpeak. This is a community where your fears and foes, as well as your glad news and worries can be shared. Don't be afraid to ask questions about how normal something seems (or not) and about how people act and behave. In this day and age, I'm sure you find your mother's concerns a little outdated, but maybe one day you'll manage to make her see otherwise.
The fact is that, if you are bisexual, you will be legitimately attracted to both sexes and possibly wish to have relationships with either or both at the same time. Not sure how people handle both at the same time, one relationship after the other is probably how we mostly handle our relationships. The only thing is to remember to be practical and keep your partners safe. So you need to use the old protections when you get down to the dirty, ok?
All for now, glad you could join us. And please, honour your studies.
Smile take care.

mbennet35 Wrote:Welcome James. You picked a great forum to be apart of there are many wonderful people here who can help give advice. I understand your situation with your parents mine are the same way about gays. But they know I am gay but refuse to believe it. If you ever want to talk send me a PM

Also welcome to GS. Smile so great to have you here.

Not to be a party pooper but "to be apart of" (= being separate from) is so different from "being a part of" (= belonging to), since it actually means the contrary. But I'm sure James will have understood that we mean to be inclusive, not segregationists. :biggrin:

Mbennet, why on earth don't your parents believe that you are gay? Is it just because "they didn't bring you up that way!" ?

Welcome James!