Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everybody :-)
Hi everybody, my name is James and I am new here.

Decided I need to start taking more steps to accepting who I am, so I guess this is one of them. Some of my closest friends know, but finding it difficult to go any further. Just had a recent health scare which is getting me thinking that life is too short to keep this from my parents and family. I've never had a relationship, but hoping that will change soon I guess.

I'm Irish :-) Just started my PhD. I love hiking and rock/mountain climbing, anything to get me in the outdoors and get the adrenaline going. When not doing that I like hanging with my friends, watching movies/playing poker. Love listening to music and reading, in particular fantasy novels.

Ummm that's all I can really think of for now, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :-)

~James

Hi and Welcome Confusedmile:

Hi James Wavey

Céad míle fáilte

Yes I had to look it up for the proper spelling, yes I do know how to say it. My Mother's parents hail from county cork and my grandfather instilled in me a few sayings and traditions. Few stuck I fear.

Hey Fenris and thanks for the welcome :-)

Aerrow, never fear if he instilled a few sayings and traditions it's always good to have. I've actually got family in Cork ha :-)

Hi James Welcome

Hi and welcome to the Forum..

Welcome

G Day James, welcome Smile

welcome m8 ...great place to start accepting ur self...loads of great people to chat to on gayspeak .. hope ur healths good now but maybe thats a kickstart to live the life u want - good look anyway

KJ1989 Wrote:Decided I need to start taking more steps to accepting who I am, so I guess this is one of them. Some of my closest friends know, but finding it difficult to go any further.

Hello and welcome James, I really hope you find the support you're looking for here, I'm certain you will. That's great to hear that some of your friends know, I personally have only just recently been openly out, I found it really helped when I actually talked to some of my friends about guys, or about my feelings for certain people, it really took that step from my friends knowing who I was, to them actually accepting it, and making it that much closer to me accepting it myself.

Anyways, welcome and happy holidays!

-Der Jack
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been"

Sound :-) Yeh ha, I have talked about guys to those friends, actually makes me feel so comfortable. And they get a kick out of it, especially the girls :-P The guys just crack jokes but I know they are supportive