Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everybody :P
Hi my name is joao Tiago ( translation: john james) but my friends call me JT. I'm 21 and i am Portuguese. i'm new to this things so let me explain my situation:

I discovered that i was gay in the 7 th grade and i was so embarassed that i locked myself out to the rest of the world till last year... i found a group of yough people in my church that were very friendly and i came out to them... they are the only ones that know and they have helped me a lot in the process of unlocking myself. In my family only my sister knows about it and i'm very afraid of my parents reaction especially my father because he blames gay people for the state of the world, he says that we are the destroyers, for exemple he says that we were responsible for the fall of the roman empire.

well that's my story so far Tongue
i'm hoping to find so good friends here and who knows something more ^^

Hey babe, welcome to Gayspeak !!

Bighug.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of people here to interact with and talk things over with, so please don't let me stop you - get posting !! :biggrin:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Ahh happy to hear you found some nice people!

Welcome! :biggrin:

Ang Wrote:Hi my name is joao Tiago ( translation: john james) but my friends call me JT. I'm 21 and i am Portuguese. i'm new to this things so let me explain my situation:

I discovered that i was gay in the 7 th grade and i was so embarassed that i locked myself out to the rest of the world till last year... i found a group of yough people in my church that were very friendly and i came out to them... they are the only ones that know and they have helped me a lot in the process of unlocking myself. In my family only my sister knows about it and i'm very afraid of my parents reaction especially my father because he blames gay people for the state of the world, he says that we are the destroyers, for exemple he says that we were responsible for the fall of the roman empire.

well that's my story so far Tongue
i'm hoping to find so good friends here and who knows something more ^^

The fall of the Roman Empire???? goodness gracious... that's far in time!!! Doesn't he have anything more recent to blame us for? Why not the second world war??? It's all prejudice. Is your father very religious? Anyway, bemvindo, João Tiago... Nice to see you here. Hope to have good talks with you, and it's also nice to see that your friends from church are not blaming you.

lol hmmm the fall of the roman empire eh? hmmm was tht not maybe the threat of the vikings, saxons, mongolians nad other groups? and im pretty sure, like the ancient greeks and Egyptians tht homosexuallity was a common practice and was somewhat encouraged especially when out fighting wars, yh homosexuality was only denounced by the catholic church due to its links with paganism and apparently it went against the teachings of Christinity. This was announced around 1100AD around the time of the crusades - centuries after the fall of the Roman Empire... But i am glad to see tht those people frm ur church are supporting you but yh i wud say Christianity was a major factor in the fall of the roman empire along with the growing threats of other civilisations like the vikings and the mongolians even the persians

hehe i didnt expect this thread to make me smile... Ah these dads what shall we do with them! I guess your dad was big in the roman empire in his past life. Mdrbig

Welcome to the forum man, i am sure by being here can help you see things with optimism so stick around. Confusedmile:

Wow, who'd have thought we'd be discussing the fall of the Roman Empire. I had a teacher in the 10th grade who told us that the fall of the Roman Empire was caused by the gradual change of the Roman society away from a Republic and towards totalitarianism, which seems more likely to me to be true than that gay people caused it.

The whole fall of the Roman empire was because of homosexuality... yeah, and the USSR fell because elves captured the Kremlin...

Seriously, I study ancient history, and believe me homosexuality has absolutely nothing to do with the fall of the Roman empire. There are dozens of factors, and I have yet to see homosexuals listed as one...

Anyway, welcome Ang. I hope these forums help you very much.

politics aside, welcome JT

frank

Heeey JT (What a cool name may I add!). Welcome to GS!! Confusedmile: