Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
Hi all,

bit of sad git really living in Cheltenham, UK. I wish I could be 14 now in todays climate, things might have been different. Believe me when I was a teenager (70's) no-one in their right mind would have admitted to being anything less than fully straight. Anyway, I didn't want to admit it to myself.

In truth at that age, and for some years really, any thought of sexual contact with my own sex didn't appeal to me, although from soon after puberty I've had a bit of an obscession with male genitalia. I've been with a few women, indeed was married for a long time, and was devastated when it broke up, and have a family. Same sex contacts are limited to joint, as in adjacent but not mutual, wanking sessions in my school years - a long time ago.

I'd like to experience everything, as in top and bottom, before its too late, but am frightened of the whole gay scene and of anyone else finding out, especially my family. Its also difficult to see how, at my age, one could be confident of finding a clean (as in no STDs ) friend with whom to explore the unknown.

So, as I said, sad git really. Still hoping for education.

Hey dood...welcome to GS! Biggthumpup

WELCOME TO GS
You are never tooo old to experiment with others and yourself mate.. Coming out at any age in any era is going to be hard when i came out i had the atatitude if they love and respect me like always they will accept this if i dont get it out i cant live a lie and if they dont like it turn the other way i guess.. i know it is harder for some than others.. In life matey u got to life for yourself and not for others because in your life you are the most important person to you... You may experience what i did and that is that peoples views change for the better or it may go for the worse if it does go bad then least u told them and know where u stand.. If u need confidence in building yourself up ur find that here m8 we are a supporting gay community that stick together and stand by 1 another so feel free to say what u need to

look fwd to chatting

kindest regards

zeon x

acholooz Wrote:I'd like to experience everything, as in top and bottom, before its too late, but am frightened of the whole gay scene and of anyone else finding out, especially my family. Its also difficult to see how, at my age, one could be confident of finding a clean (as in no STDs ) friend with whom to explore the unknown.

That's quite an indictment on the gay community you've got going there. Much as everyone (including us ourselves, sometimes) would have you believe, it's not ALL meat markets and cliques of plastics where just knowing people gets you the clap so many times it's like a standing ovation.

My advice is just to put yourself out there. You have very little to fear from exploring your sexuality. Rather than seek a specific person to have specific sexual encounters with, why not just go out to a bar (perhaps with a friend for moral support) with an open mind and see if you don't meet some awesome new people to have a chat and a bevvy with. If one of them ends up giving you some sexytime, even better.

Don't push it, just approach with an open mind and what will happen will happen. And if you don't like it, then you'll know. If you do, you'll know similarly.

Good luck.

xxx

Welcome. There's always hope ... and I hope you find what you're looking for. It happened to me in my middle age Wink

[COLOR="Purple"]Hi there acholooz. I really wish you wouldnt call yourself a sad git *well, after this american looked it up Wavey

I just find it a lot easier on life to be an optimistic realist Wavey

and ya really owe it to yourself to be true to yourself. hoping you finding this site is a good first step and ya knowing we are here for any advice...

I was rather lucky at around 21 I came out and a friend introduced me to her friend who became my teacher. Ya just never know where life may lead one but being "out" there makes it a whole lot easier, imho.

best of luck
frank[/COLOR]

Welcome Acholooz

Hope your okay

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah, I'm OK.

Hey, I certainly didn't wish to offend anyone with what I hoped was an honest introduction. Anyway thanks for the messages of support.

Over here you can buy bottles of (fairly decent for the low price) wine called "old git" - my daughters bought me a cap with this on it. So don't worry too much about the "sad git", the term "git" used to be a strong form of abuse in this country, but its sometimes used in a more endearing sort of way these days.

acholooz Wrote:Over here you can buy bottles of (fairly decent for the low price) wine called "old git" - my daughters bought me a cap with this on it. So don't worry too much about the "sad git", the term "git" used to be a strong form of abuse in this country, but its sometimes used in a more endearing sort of way these days.

UGH, my dictionary didnt have that in it :redface: