Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone! :)
welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to the most friendly forum Wavey

modernvampire Wrote:...I consider myself a cosmopolitan and a human being interested in human culture, and I do hope that my choice won't be perceived as troublesome.
With that being said, I guess I can describe myself as a former troubled teenager and soon-to-be troubled man who loves life and believes in humanity. Pretty much a modern, regular gay fella! However, I try to discard labels, which probably makes me an occasional hipster.
Welcome to the forum. I don't think many of us care whether you label yourself "gay" or not. But *you* do describe yourself as "troubled". How so?

Don't feel pressured to answer that question. I'm just putting it out there because this forum tries to be supportive of people who are dealing with personal problems of one sort and another. So hearing someone describe themselves as "troubled" makes me wonder why they do that? Makes me wonder what is "troubling" them.

At the same time, you need to feel safe. SO... perhaps you should just hang out on the forum. Get to know us a bit. Then see if you feel comfortable talking about personal issues in a public place. You can always start a topic on just about anything you'd like.

MikeW Wrote:Welcome to the forum. I don't think many of us care whether you label yourself "gay" or not. But *you* do describe yourself as "troubled". How so?

Don't feel pressured to answer that question. I'm just putting it out there because this forum tries to be supportive of people who are dealing with personal problems of one sort and another. So hearing someone describe themselves as "troubled" makes me wonder why they do that? Makes me wonder what is "troubling" them.

At the same time, you need to feel safe. SO... perhaps you should just hang out on the forum. Get to know us a bit. Then see if you feel comfortable talking about personal issues in a public place. You can always start a topic on just about anything you'd like.

Well, that's very nice of you MikeW, but to be honest I understand my hint came off as more serious than it was actually supposed to be: I do not regret my choices and my past to the extent that I thoroughly acknowledge the value of suffering. In this sense everybody's suffered in his or her own life and that's probably very close to the notion of normality, if not of well-being itself. But I appreciate your interest and I hope I made my point more clearly now! Smile

Welcome to the forum Modernvampire! I find your method of writing to be interesting and look forward to reading more of your thoughts on the myriad topics discussed daily!

Cheers!

AlohaShannon Wrote:Welcome to the forum Modernvampire! I find your method of writing to be interesting and look forward to reading more of your thoughts on the myriad topics discussed daily!

Cheers!

Thank you, that's kind of you Smile Cheers!