Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
I got a phone call from my mom yesterday, she wasn't feeling too well and went to get tested, and she was positive for Covid.

Because I was at their house on Saturday and Sunday, I went to get tested with my dad and brother Chris.  Dad was negative.  Chris and I are positive for Covid.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I know I've already sent you a message about this; just wanted to acknowledge your public thread too.

You all just need to keep an eye on your symptoms, and keep in constant touch with one another, and hopefully you'll be among the millions of people the world over who only get the mild dose of the virus and recover quickly.

I'll be sure to think of all you when doing my meditations, and sending you healing energy. Every little helps!

Take good care Chuck. Wishing you and your family all the very best x

Bighug
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

(12-23-2020, 07:06 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: I got a phone call from my mom yesterday, she wasn't feeling too well and went to get tested, and she was positive for Covid.

Because I was at their house on Saturday and Sunday, I went to get tested with my dad and brother Chris.  Dad was negative.  Chris and I are positive for Covid.

Keep us informed of your progress and here's wishing you a Healthy and Happy Christmas.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hi Chuck,

OMG that's awful news especially at Xmas! Sad

Hope you all make a speedy recovery.

Make sure you take enough Vitamin D as apparently that helps your immune system to fight it off.

Bighug
Andy x
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Thanks guys!

I'm surprised to see this thread here, when I tried to submit it, it didn't appear to work. I'm not sure why. I thought my comp was acting up.

I have a supply of cold/flu meds, cranberry juice and orange juice, cough meds, Zicam, which is supposed to reduce the durations of colds, immunity boosters, and even a pulse oximeter which measures the levels of oxygen in your blood.

I have days marked on the calendar of when symptoms first started to show, and I'm monitoring my symptoms. I think I'm doing all I can.
[-] The following 2 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • andy, Bookworm

I am sorry to hear that Chuck. I hope your Mom has a mild case as the majority are mild and even asymptomatic. Hopefully you and your brother will also be asymptomatic or mild. My husband was positive when I had it and he had no symptoms or problems.

I hope your Mom feels better soon.

Oh yeah - I think your first post did submit but it was here:

https://gayspeak.com/Thread-Covid-19-Tes...#pid714372
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • andy

@CellarDweller I'm sorry to hear this. As everyone else has said, I hope you & your mother have a very mild case and are able to recovery quickly. Take care.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Hi dweller, I just read this online, one of my friends had COVID in November and his nurse recommended this

HOW TO FIGHT COVID AT HOME
No one ever talks about how to fight Covid at home. I came down with Covid in November. I went to the hospital, running a fever of 103, a rapid heart beat, and other common symptoms that come with Covid. While I was there they treated me for the high fever, dehydration and pneumonia.
The doctor sent me home to fight Covid with two prescriptions - Azithromycin 250mg & Dexamethason 6mg. When the nurse came in to discharge me, I asked her, "What can I do to help fight this at home?" She said, “Sleep on your stomach at all times with Covid. If you can’t sleep on your stomach because of heath issues sleep on your side. Do not lay on your back no matter what because it smashes your lungs and that will allow fluid to set in.
Set your clock every two hours while sleeping on your stomach, then get out of bed and walk for 15-30 min, no matter how tired or weak that you are. Also move your arms around frequently, it helps to open your lungs. Breathe in thru your nose, and out thru your mouth. This will help build up your lungs, plus help get rid of the Pneumonia or other fluid you may have.
When sitting in a recliner, sit up straight - do not lay back in the recliner, again this will smash your lungs. While watching TV - get up and walk during every commercial.
Eat at least 1 - 2 eggs a day, plus bananas, avocado and asparagus.These are good for Potassium. Drink Pedialyte, Gatorade Zero, Powerade Zero & Water with Electrolytes to prevent you from becoming dehydrated. Do not drink anything cold - have it at room temperature or warm it up. Water with lemon, and little honey, peppermint tea, apple cider are good suggestions for getting in fluids. No milk products, or pork. Vitamin’s D3, C, B, Zinc, Probiotic One-Day are good ideas. Tylenol for fever. Mucinex, or Mucinex DM for drainage, plus helps the cough. Pepcid helps for cramps in your legs. One baby aspirin everyday can help prevent getting a blood clot, which can occur from low activity. "
Drink a smoothie of blueberries, strawberries, bananas, honey, tea and a spoon or two of peanut butter.
We always hear of how Covid takes lives, but there isn't a lot of information out there regarding how to fight Covid. I hope this helps you or someone you know, just as it has helped me.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 4 members Like Bhp91126's post:
  • andy, Bookworm, CellarDweller, eastofeden

Some great advice Bernd @Bhp91126 and hope you and your hubby (and mum/brother) are starting to feel a bit better Chuck @CellarDweller!
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Seems like the family is on the mend, thanks!!!!
[-] The following 3 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • Bhp91126, Cridders88, eastofeden