Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
Hi everybody. I don't really know what to say,so I guess I'll just try to improvise. My name is Ori,I'm from Israel and I'm 21 years old (22 by the end of August). As I'm sure you can probably figure out for yourselves,I'm gay,I'm sure that part came as no surprise Confusedmile: . I am currently a student in the university,studying education. This forum seems very nice and quite friendly,and I hope to meet a lot of new friends here. That's about it. Also,please feel free to ask me whatever's on your minds Happy .

Allo and welcome to the site! Its pretty cool you will like it Smile
Do you want to be a teacher then? :eek:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Hi Ori

Nice to see another august baby, hehe, my birthday is 8-31 but alot of years before yours. These folks are very nice and will give you the benefit of all their experiance any time you ask. Have fun here and meet alot of nice folk, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Hi Ori -all the best .. hope u enjoy the forums n chat - matty

Twazzle Wrote:Allo and welcome to the site! Its pretty cool you will like it Smile
Do you want to be a teacher then? :eek:

Lol. I guess I do Confusedmile: . Actually at first I was more intersted in Psychology,but I also believe in the power and importance of education,and that's why I decided to study it. For a job it's far from being perffect-you have deal with a lot of issues at the same time,and the pay's not that good either (at least where I come from),but hey-someone's gotta do it Happy .

P.S.-Thank you everyone for making me feel right at home Smile.

Hey Ori,

Big warmWelcome to the site!
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Hello. Welcome Confusedmile:

What are the main issues for Israeli teachers?

marshlander Wrote:Hello. Welcome Confusedmile:

What are the main issues for Israeli teachers?

Well,the main issue for Israeli teachers is probably the low salary. I don't know how the salaries are in other countries,but that is a huge issue for school teachers as well as university staff here in Israel. It's that much of an issue that it's almost ridiculous,and that causes a lot of frictions and of course a lot of strikes in the education system. I honestly belive that if it weren't for that issue a lot more people would consider becoming teachers.

Heya, and welcome to GS !

Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Ori Wrote:Lol. I guess I do Confusedmile: . Actually at first I was more intersted in Psychology,but I also believe in the power and importance of education,and that's why I decided to study it.

Did you do any study into Psychology? Because surely knowing some things in psychology maybe some approaches and that could be nothing but beneficial in education? :biggrin:

Ori Wrote:For a job it's far from being perffect-you have deal with a lot of issues at the same time,and the pay's not that good either (at least where I come from),but hey-someone's gotta do it Happy .

Yeh I think the job should be something you want to do rather than based on pay :biggrin:

Ori Wrote:Well,the main issue for Israeli teachers is probably the low salary. I don't know how the salaries are in other countries,but that is a huge issue for school teachers as well as university staff here in Israel. It's that much of an issue that it's almost ridiculous,and that causes a lot of frictions and of course a lot of strikes in the education system. I honestly belive that if it weren't for that issue a lot more people would consider becoming teachers.

I don't think teachers pay in the UK is that great? Its not the worst but far from the best? Teachers don't get paid enough! Do you really have a lot of strikes over there? Hmmm. What hours are a normal school day? :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]